Water and worth distribution question :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toto's

Reaction score
Hello,
So in this new lockdown i now have time to improve my brewing lol
I brew in a 2 vessels BIAB, with false bottom and a recirculating pomp.
I lately added a whirlpool to my BK
And got a freezer and a temperature controler and already lagering a oktoberfest and a pilsner. So what would be my next upgrade? For boxing day i got a 5 stage RO water system so i didn't brew any beer yet.
I live in the city and never tested the water. I distill some water and take some tap water and leave it in a bocket for at least 24 hours before brewing. But now with this RO water, will i have to adjust some elements at all cost?
Tasting the water.. i was looking the price... 125$ here in Canada, Montreal that is crazy!!!
I was thinking to get a ph reader maybe to start and see from there. Would that be reasonable to verify only the ph for my next brew? Or the RO water has taken away too many elements and will have absolutely to adjust them?
Up to now i was able to brew very nice beers.

At my last brewing day i noticed that i had 3 degrees Celsius difference from my sparge arm and the thermometer located at half height of the front kettle. I am guessing the worth flow more in the back since the worth is introduce toward the back of the kettle even if the grain is completely submerged by few inches.
I see often plastic pipes with drilled holes to distribute evenly the worth...
i have a lot of copper pipes, is it safe to use also copper do distribute the worth?

BrewnWKopperKat
thank you, its a short and sweet answer but i will definitely try to have a complete knowledge about water and test my water. And i think i will get a digital ph reader so at least i will be avle to monitor and control 1 parameter 😁

Latest posts

Back