Warm Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmoltsbeer

Reaction score
I have a question for you folks. Is there anyone else out there that actually enjoys drinking beer at room temperature? When I was stationed in Germany I often wouldn't refrigerate my beer, and drink it at whatever temperature the room was. Usually 55-70 degrees. I feel like I get a more accurate concept of the flavor from the beer. I still do this now, though not as often as I have a keezer that keeps my beer in the 40's. Does anyone else have any thoughts about this, or am I just the oddball here?

:drunk:

I have a question for you folks. Is there anyone else out there that actually enjoys drinking beer at room temperature? When I was stationed in Germany I often wouldn't refrigerate my beer, and drink it at whatever temperature the room was. Usually 55-70 degrees. I feel like I get a more accurate concept of the flavor from the beer. I still do this now, though not as often as I have a keezer that keeps my beer in the 40's. Does anyone else have any thoughts about this, or am I just the oddball here?

:drunk:

all the time :) I like British style beers which are severed at cellar temp most of the time

or is that because Lucas Electrical made the refrigerators ;)

all the best

S_M

I enjoy British beers at cellar temp as well. Right now I am drinking a dopplebock I made, that is bottled but not chilled. It tastes great and has more flavor than when I drink it cold. I remember my buddies in Germany thinking I was slightly odd; or maybe they just thought I was a drunk.

No oddball. I had my first beer on a tour of Europe over a summer many years back. (The Stone's song Brown Sugar was just released) I started drinking room temperature beer and have tended to ever since. Word of warning, never drink any Molson warm, if at all. One upside is, no one ever took my beers because they weren't cold enough. Traditionally American's have been conditioned to drink ice cold beer, because at cold temps the taste buds are dulled and they can get away with passing crap off as beer if you can't taste it.

No oddball. I had my first beer on a tour of Europe over a summer many years back. (The Stone's song Brown Sugar was just released) I started drinking room temperature beer and have tended to ever since. Word of warning, never drink any Molson warm, if at all. One upside is, no one ever took my beers because they weren't cold enough. Traditionally American's have been conditioned to drink ice cold beer, because at cold temps the taste buds are dulled and they can get away with passing crap off as beer if you can't taste it.

the frosted mug thing at bars, drinking a robust porter at about 50 -55 f right now such a nice taste

S_M

american pils i like almost frozen. all beers with flavor, i prefer in the mid-40's in the summer. however, my basement is 54-ish in the winter and my kegs sit down there and are quite tasty at that temp.

Warmer beer 40s and up give you a much better taste of the ingredients. Took me a while to learn that, Now I keep my beer frige at 42 and enjoy my beers much more than I did in the past.

CAPs pretty much have to be cold to be ingested. I still enjoy some of them, but not really. A good all grain pilsner, or helles, like I used to drink in Bavaria is totally fine for me at room temp!

I keep my keezer at about 42 also, I feel like I get the best representation of the beer around that temp! Cheers everyone!

Most Lagers and German lagers/hybrids I tend to like in the low to mid 40s. American, Belgian, and Weizen beers I tend to like in the upper 40s. English beers I find best in the mid to upper 50s. I try and pour off of my polypins around 58, although after initially tapping they end up warming a bit to the mid 60s, and that's fine by me.

Back