Virginia Beach Homebrewers - Smelly Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teromous

Beer Gnome
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ABC 13 News just had a news story saying that because of the recent pipe cracks and running faucets due to the late winter weather, water demand was high enough that they had to start pulling water from lakes that have a notoriously bad smell. Normally they treat it with carbon but they were unable to treat it because of time constraints and demand. Although they are not pulling from these sources anymore, there is still some residual water in the pipes. This news only came after residents of VB were complaining about an odd smell to their water, so it's significant enough to notice. You could probably try running it through a carbon filter if you have one.

I checked their website but the story wasn't online. Just giving anyone else in the area a heads up.

Fer sher! Even the ocean there smells like salty death to me. Too much of NYC dumping their garbage off-shore. But get down to the Carolinas & it smells like life. No off-shore dumping aloud. I have to wonder if that has something to do with? Not like they can't notice that wreaking odor in the air anyway?

Back