• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Utah Vintage Coleman Jockey Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFoodScientist

Reaction score
I have for sale a vintage Coleman cooler (1980) turned jockey Box.
Includes 2 Perlick stainless faucets with stainless shanks, 2 circuit cold plate and all the fittings to connect to ball lock kegs.
2505763-1543952463-862275.jpg

I bought these faucets/shanks for soda, but they don't seem to have any lingering root beer flavor. The shanks seem to have some minor pitting, which I didn't think would happen with stainless, but apparently it did. So I'm moving to premix faucets.

The cooler is kind of in rough shape on the inside u, but it holds ice pretty well and hasn't leaked anytime I've used it. The most use it's seen is my sister's wedding about a year and a half ago.
2505763-1543952471-127453.jpg

Faucets are in great shape (bought new in 2013) the shanks are barbed stainless, but do have a bit of pitting as noted. Cold plate was purchased used, but fittings were new.
2505763-1543952466-433557.jpg

$220 for the whole package. If it doesn't sell, I might be willing to sell the faucets and cold plate separately.

Located in Ogden, Utah not far off I-15. Would prefer local pickup, but for the right offer I might be willing to ship it.

Curious, what pressure do you need to push through this?
Hmmm... Good question. It's been awhile since I've used it, so I can't say for sure what the best range is. If I remember right I was running about 25-30psi and the pour wasn't too bad (as in not too forceful as is the usual problem with soda), but that was because it was carbonated at 35-40psi. And that's with 5ft of 1/4" braided hose from keg to cold plate, and then 5ft of 3/16" beverage line from cold plate to faucet. Not sure what the length of each circuit is.
I'm sure if you wanted to run beer you could probably run 10-15 and if the pour was too slow you could trim one or both lines to balance the system. Maybe I should hook it up with a keg of still water and see what that looks like.

Back