Vinnie Barrel Nail - Anyone got one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got a used 5-gallon Blue Corn Whiskey barrel that I am going to age a Double Porter in (soon to be Vanilla Whiskey Double Porter), and wanted to add a Vinnie nail for tasting periodically. Eventually this barrel will be for sours, and the nail will come in handy with the pellicle.

Anyway, does anyone have extras of the recommended Vinnie nails?

1–½” 4d smooth common nail – 316 stainless steel McMaster Carr #
97990A102
2” 6d smooth common nail - 316 stainless steel McMaster Carr #
97990A104

I only have one barrel so I'd rather not spend $40 on a box full of nails when I will only potentially use 2.

I've got some if you haven't already found any.

That would be great! I would really appreciate it - I just couldn't rationalize spending $40 for two nails.

Should I PM you for details?

I went ahead and bought a box of each from McMaster. If anyone needs them PM me. I'd be happy to share, just chip in for the cost and shipping.

I went ahead and bought a box of each from McMaster. If anyone needs them PM me. I'd be happy to share, just chip in for the cost and shipping.

I could use a couple of each. I can Paypal you a few bucks if you don't mind throwing some in an envelope for me.

I know this is an old thread but searching for a couple vinnie nails. Two 1.5" and two 2". Will gladly paypal $2 for the four if someone wants to help out. Thanks in advance.

Same here. The ones I bought seem to be too small.

Does anyone have some extras? Would of course chip in for cost, shipment and hassle!

Back