Victory Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oojuxeoo

Reaction score
Went to Victory in Downingtown Friday. Place is great, so many beers on tap. I missed the brewery tor, but would really like to check it out. Place is in the middle of nowhere. About 12 taps and 2 hand pumps. Every beer was very good as was the food. Took a growler home, and its one of the best I have ever seen.:mug:

I envy you being close enough to visit the brewery. All except the part of living in Philly!(J/K). I made an AG Hop Devil Clone from a recipe on here. It was damned close and excellent. - Dwain

Aside from where I work and Sierra Nevada, Victory is my favorite brewery. Just about everything they do is golden. I could drink Storm King all year long and then Old Horizontal all winter long. Their Lager is wonderfully drinkable, too.

The brewery tour is pretty cool, their facility is sprawling, and they just installed 8 new HUGE tanks that poke out of the ceiling (at least it looked that way from outside, I was there to pick up growlers...they distribute that style growler in this area to a bunch of different breweries, including Troegs).

I think Victory is easily the best local brewery. Iron hill is OK, but Victory is still better. The growler is going to get my ESB in this weekend. It should ready for a Halloween party this weekend.

I haven't been up there since they did the big rennovation a few years ago. But alway sloved heading up there for a friend's annual birthday celebration.

I put away a growler of Storm King by myself one Halloween. That was about the only bad experience I've ever had concerning Victory. And it was entirely my fault. :(

I hope to make a Trippel that compares to Golden Monkey some day.

I've been to Victory twice. I love the beers but I never cared much for the atmosphere....too hectic for my tastes. Granted, the first time was their 10th anniversary, second was on a weekend night....so maybe it's not always so crazy.

We have a running joke at work, that many of us have disrespected the 'monkey'. Golden Monkey is a deceivingly easy beer to drink.

You didn't miss much on the tour. Dunno if it differs with the guide, but it was essentially, "Here is a mash tun. You mash grain in it. Here is a boil kettle. You boil the wort in it." I tried to ask questions (nothing too crazy) and she couldn't answer anything and seemed a bit indignant that I ask (not knowing isn't a problem, but sheesh, the attitude).

Great great great beer though. The braumeister pils was fantastic. I was partly so disappointed with the tour because I like the beer so much!

I live very close to the Victory brewery and they do a great job putting out an amazing variety of exceedingly well done beers. I love going there, but it is always loud. All the hard surfaces inside seem to reflect and amplify all conversation and noise in the place. There are usually a lot of children there, too. Gives the place a family feel, but adds to the noise. The beer and the food are great, and the prices are not too bad. I would love to brew something like Golden Monkey, Storm King, or Old Horizontal. Life would be complete then.

We have a running joke at work, that many of us have disrespected the 'monkey'. Golden Monkey is a deceivingly easy beer to drink.

My friends drink Golden Monkey like it's a video game. Drink one pint, and you're on "Monkey World One". Drink two pints, and you're on "Monkey World Two". A friend of mine made it to "Monkey World Eight" before a battle with the porcelain sub-boss (toilet) and losing to the final boss (the floor)

I live very close to the Victory brewery and they do a great job putting out an amazing variety of exceedingly well done beers. I love going there, but it is always loud. All the hard surfaces inside seem to reflect and amplify all conversation and noise in the place. There are usually a lot of children there, too. Gives the place a family feel, but adds to the noise. The beer and the food are great, and the prices are not too bad. I would love to brew something like Golden Monkey, Storm King, or Old Horizontal. Life would be complete then.

Agree about the noise. I live about 20min away and get over there for lunch whenever I can. I love watching people come in with 2, 3, 4 growlers at a time.

Last time there I had a couple of their hand pumps.....really good. Out-of-towners beware--the place is a royal beeyatch to find.

My LHBS is about a 2min drive from there...stop by and visit him if you're in the area. Great guy, great store.

Back