Very cheap bottle rinser made from manual water pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrashock

Reaction score
Hello,

This is not my idea, but a colleague's from the Bulgarian forum one. I want to share it, because it is very cheap, simple and efficient.
The only thing you need to buy is a manual water pump, or you can even use your old one:
1. First you have to disassemble the pump (note that the pump should be similar to the one I used);
2. You have to cut the pipe to half and mount it to the plastic pump;
3. Make a hole in the blue plastic, so the pipe should move free;
4. Make some holes on the blue plastic, on the bottom side of the pump and also on the white plastic;
5. Find suitable cup to put it inside, put some water and test it.
Here is a video showing the bottle rinser in action:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QP8k9BuwRc[/ame]

That's all!

20170416_105551.jpg

20170416_105556.jpg

20170416_105602.jpg

20170416_105536.jpg

20170416_105642.jpg

20170416_105637.jpg

Interesting, basically you made a vinator.
image_515.jpg

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a manual waterpump that looks kind of similar available here in the states. It might help if you posted a picture of the product before modification.

The thing about it, at least here, vinators are under 20 dollars. If they're not available or pumps are cheaper then it's a great idea, especially for people who love to build their own gear anyway...

Yes is just the same but with the shipment to Bulgaria it costs about 35EUR, and I made this for 2EUR.
Here in Europe these pumps are very popular. We use it at home for 7-11L bottles of table/mineral water. Here is a link with many pictures in google.
I bought it from Kaufland, and this is exactly the model.
I hope this DIY is helpful for someone :)

Yes is just the same but with the shipment to Bulgaria it costs about 35EUR, and I made this for 2EUR.
Here in Europe these pumps are very popular. We use it at home for 7-11L bottles of table/mineral water. Here is a link with many pictures in google.
I bought it from Kaufland, and this is exactly the model.
I hope this DIY is helpful for someone :)

Yeah I saw those, but wasn't sure if those were similar. Online from various stores I saw those listed for anywhere from a lot less that a vinator to actually more depending on the vendor, definitely worth it for those shopping around or maybe have a discount coupon at a store that carries those.

So yeah this is a great option for folks, especially those who like DIYing their gear like I do.

Plus looking at the video it actually looks like this pump pushes water at higher pressure than the vinator, it looks like it could blow crud out of the bottom of bottles really well.

Yes here in Bugaria the price is between 3-5$ for the same pump. It is very important the pump (the 3th picture) to be separeted form the blue plastic (1st picture). I have tried with a different model and throw 2$ away.

Yep looks like the limitation might be if the cheap one on Amazon can be taken apart to modify it. Sounds like ultra shock has already had one there that didn't work. For a DIY'er it might be worth a go.

Cheers!

The best way is if there is such pump in the local store, to have a look at it and check if is suitable for this DIY.

Back