[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that update, you had left me scratching my noggin' to come with some other explanation :)

As for using the uSD card slot on the Alamode as a disk drive for RPi backups, I don't think the slot is visible to the RPi directly. So you'd likely have to load a sketch on the Alamode to link it to the RPi - over the serial link - which isn't going to be a very fast solution compared to just plugging a cheap SD card reader directly into the RPi and using either the built-in SD Card Copier utility (you'll find it nested in the gui "start" menu) or using the rpi-clone application you'll find mentioned in this thread...

Cheers!
Great thanks. I have been using a micro sd to sd adaptor in my macbook's sd slot, I will go buy a usb one and do this. Cheers!

I tried the script again from RandR+ and this time it worked! Great script by the way. There's a lot of customization I want to try and do with the formatting but for now simple question...

Trying to use FileZilla on a mac to connect to RaspberryPints. I put the 4 digit static IP address as the host, and the same username/password I use to log into the RaspberryPints control panel but keep getting an error message. Am I using the wrong username/password?

Trying to use FileZilla on a mac to connect to RaspberryPints. I put the 4 digit static IP address as the host, and the same username/password I use to log into the RaspberryPints control panel but keep getting an error message. Am I using the wrong username/password?

Did you setup FTP on the PI? if not try https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-ftp/

I use a different FTP utility for mine but it uses the same user/password as the pi login

I tried the script again from RandR+ and this time it worked! Great script by the way. There's a lot of customization I want to try and do with the formatting but for now simple question...

With (S)FTP your username should be pi and the admin password you used during setup.

Cheers,

Kal

Wow, i can't believe it but I've found people still active with Raspberry Pints :D I'd nearly given up and chucked everything.
I've been skimming through this post but as there's 107 pages i'm getting lost so wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction as where to start (again) with installing RPints with flow meters on my RP2? I'd installed everything fine years ago without flow meters but since trying to re-install for the meters i've hit all the problems like no php5 and other links not working so if you guys can help i'll be forever greatful

Read the past 30 or so posts. There have been a couple of recent installations by folks on both Jessie and Stretch versions of Raspbian. All of the necessary links and modifications are in there over the past week or so.

Right. First look for the link to a Jessie distro, then you can pretty much follow the standard installation procedure with the Jessie-specific tweaks I've provided here...

Cheers!

anyone using valves and RFID? What's your setup? I'm looking to incorporate a door lock and tap valves...ie. Someone has a card or fob and can come in the garage (taproom) and then scan at the tap and draw a beer and it will associate with their "account"...anyone doing something like this??

At least wrt HBT posts, I've not read of anyone successfully using solenoid valves in a dispensing system. The old "Kegbot" design purportedly supported solenoid valves but I'm not sure the pour quality with the valves used was any good (lots of foamy pour complaints) though that may have been due to the direct-acting valves folks were trying to use.

I have from time to time come across Youtube posts from random folks who have managed to get solenoids working to some degree, though this seems pretty typical of the results (jump to 1:40 to skip the front matter).

In any case there's no support for valves in RaspberryPints. That'd be a whole 'nuther deal...

Cheers!

Alright gang, I have gotten everything loaded and am trying to customize my tap board. I gave up on FTP and am just editing files locally which is a pain but doable. I've hidden a lot of the fields for now and am starting from scratch. I've attached what I have so far.

My only question for now is how to make the right header image not go off the screen. I've tried adjusting the padding and alignment in the index.php file but no luck.

Thanks for all the help!!

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_9443.JPG
    IMG_9443.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 53
Perhaps the table style(s) either are not being applied or being applied as desired. If there is a style error, applying styles either stops or what we see is not what was designed.

There is nothing special in the beer name style (td.name). It simply left aligns the text and pads 5 pixels.

Use the browser to inspect the page and view the style values used during rendering.

The table styles are defined in the style.css (in the same folder as index.php)

Check the div styling too.

It's also possible the original developers didn't expect to only render 3 columns? Try reshowing the columns, 1 at a time until things render correctly. Let me know results and I can fix in the problem in the new version currently being tested.

Last edited:
Right. First look for the link to a Jessie distro, then you can pretty much follow the standard installation procedure with the Jessie-specific tweaks I've provided here...

Cheers!
Thanks for this. I've now reflashed my SD with Jessie, however i'm no longer able to connect to my wifi. The adapter is plugged in and flashing blue but it just says "no wireless interface found"
Any ideas here? I've searched the net but eveyone else was using an RP3

hey guys, are yall using the adafruit flow meters or these from ebay linked way earlier in the thread? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=332423615815

i have 2 RPi 3Bs still in boxs i bought a while ago and want to get all my parts befor i try to get it running. and what is the consensus on which external board should be used on a new build? alamode or uno?

im going through this thread now and just wanted to get this post up while i do it in case someone can point me to a specific post i should follow.

Most of the initial builders used the Swissflow meters from the Ebay seller. They were really great and cheap. Now they are like $80 each, so folks seem to be going with the Adafruit ones. Either will work but the Swissflow ones are more accurate. Whether the small accuracy upgrade is worth the cost probably depends on how many you're looking to buy and your budget. You will be happier than you can imagine when your build is done, either way, when you pull your first pint and it all works. You'll be even happier when the first friend sees it.

Go with the UNO.

You only really need to go back about 30 or so posts. There has been a lot of recent activity with all of the updated information in the past three weeks or so. Then ask any specific questions and we're here to help.

Thanks for this. I've now reflashed my SD with Jessie, however i'm no longer able to connect to my wifi. The adapter is plugged in and flashing blue but it just says "no wireless interface found"

The straight Jessie distro shouldn't break USB wifi dongles on an RPi2B, I have a 2B in the fleet running Jessie and my notes don't speak to doing anything extra to get an Edimax Wireless-N dongle working on it. Might try removing the dongle, reboot to the desktop, then hot-plug the dongle and see if it's found...

Cheers!

hey guys, are yall using the adafruit flow meters or these from ebay linked way earlier in the thread? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=332423615815

i have 2 RPi 3Bs still in boxs i bought a while ago and want to get all my parts befor i try to get it running. and what is the consensus on which external board should be used on a new build? alamode or uno?

im going through this thread now and just wanted to get this post up while i do it in case someone can point me to a specific post i should follow.
This the one I am trying, it is food grade, 2000 pulses per litre. Seemed a bit foamy at first but with the right size adapter they worked much better. Not sure on the accuracy as the first couple kegs I had an accurate estimate on volume are still pouring. With water they seem pretty good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JWD4C46/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Do you broadcast your SSID? If you don't then you need to setup a file to find it.

edit: here is link to how to set it up
https://raspi.tv/2017/how-to-auto-connect-your-raspberry-pi-to-a-hidden-ssid-wifi-network

Last edited:
If you are in the US Daitron sell the swissflow for $58 each. I am in Canada and ordered off them but got stung at the border with duties and a surcharge from the courier to collect them.

Looked like the $20 is per shipment, which is a little better if you need a few. Still a bit rich for me, but might have to do it if the cheap ones cant be zeroed in.

I have 2 RPi3B's and a Pi0W. Which one should i do the build with. Then most o have done was make a heatermeter with one and a nes emulator. That only evolved flashing a card and booting up

While I'd gravitate towards the 3B the Zero-W will work fine particularly if you don't use flow meters.
With flow meters the single core/small memory of the Zero-W's SOC will often cause screen updates after pours to take a couple of seconds; the 3B will have no such lag as it has twice the memory and more/faster cores...

Cheers!

well i decided to try to get it in stalled. Downloaded the lastest raspbian image and booted it up. then i ran RandR+'s script and got an error message. I wanted to post it tonight before i went to bed in case some one knows what i did wrong.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo ./installRaspberryPints
Do You wish to use the Original GitHub Repository (It does not fully work with this script)? (default is: N): nInstalling Source https://github.com/rtlindne/RaspberryPints.git
Installing RaspberryPints 2.9.0.1
Where do you want to install RaspberryPints? : /var/www/html
Installing to: /var/www/html
Will this pi host the database? (default is: Y): y
Do you want to use Flow Meters? (Y:N) (default is: N): y
Will Install Flow Meters
Do you want to use RFID? (Y:N) (default is: N): n
Will Not Install RFID
*** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
*** Performing self-update
*** Relaunching after update
*** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
*** Your firmware is already up to date
Hit:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease
Hit:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
Setting up perl-modules-5.24 (5.24.1-3+deb9u5) ...
Setting up libapt-inst2.0:armhf (1.4.9) ...
Setting up libperl5.24:armhf (5.24.1-3+deb9u5) ...
Setting up libwbclient0:armhf (2:4.5.12+dfsg-2+deb9u4) ...
Setting up apt-utils (1.4.9) ...
Processing triggers for install-info (6.3.0.dfsg.1-1+b1) ...
Setting up systemd-sysv (232-25+deb9u8) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libsmbclient:armhf:
libsmbclient:armhf depends on samba-libs (= 2:4.5.12+dfsg-2+deb9u4); however:
Package samba-libs:armhf is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package libsmbclient:armhf (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Setting up perl (5.24.1-3+deb9u5) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u3) ...
Setting up udev (232-25+deb9u8) ...
addgroup: The group `input' already exists as a system group. Exiting.
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...
Processing triggers for dbus (1.10.26-0+deb9u1) ...
Setting up libpam-systemd:armhf (232-25+deb9u8) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.130) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
libsmbclient:armhf

I had to re-setup my system after many years due to an SD card failure. I've got it all back and running, but have a new issue. I'm sure it's been addressed in one of the posts in this thread, but I couldn't find it. I'm using the latest Raspbian build on a Pi Zero W. When I press Alt-F4 to get out of kiosk mode it takes me to a completely blank screen. No desktop or place to run any commands? Can somebody tell me how to handle this?

I had to re-setup my system after many years due to an SD card failure. I've got it all back and running, but have a new issue. I'm sure it's been addressed in one of the posts in this thread, but I couldn't find it. I'm using the latest Raspbian build on a Pi Zero W. When I press Alt-F4 to get out of kiosk mode it takes me to a completely blank screen. No desktop or place to run any commands? Can somebody tell me how to handle this?

I dont have any Pi Zero W, but have you tried to press enter ? Maybe the screen is just in "sleep"....

regs,

perambulate

Looking for volunteers for testing the latest Raspberry Pints modified for Debian, php and MariaDB.

Requirements.
1. Ability to install Raspberry Pi Debian.

2. Ability to install the latest apache.

3. Ability to install php 7.x

4. Ability to install MariaDB 10x.

5. Ability to use Linux terminal commands (ex: chmod)

7. Ability to create a MariaDB root userID and password (ex: create user etc...)

8. Ability to unzip the latest Raspberry Pints, put in the correct location /var/www/html and sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/html)

9. Ability to run the Raspberry Pints install (browser http://localhost/install) with sample data (or enter own data if feel like typing a lot).

10. Ability to let me know results of testing (aka PM). Please don't post testing results in this forum as, at this point we're only testing.

11. Ability to do steps 1 thru 7 again, if needed, without getting POed. (Or have a backup SD card with items 1 thru 7 as a backup. Able to wipeout current SD card and restore from the backup SD card.)

If agree to all of the above, please PM me and I'll reply with the Raspberry Pints zip package.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Looking for volunteers for testing the latest Raspberry Pints modified for Debian, php and MariaDB.

Requirements.
1. Ability to install Raspberry Pi Debian.

2. Ability to install php 7.x

3. Ability to install MariaDB 10x.

4. Ability to use Linux terminal commands (ex: chmod)

5. Ability to create a MariaDB root userID and password (ex: create user etc...)

6. Ability to unzip the latest Raspberry Pints, put in the correct location /var/www/html and sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/html)

7. Ability to run the Raspberry Pints install (browser http://localhost/install) with sample data (or enter own data if feel like typing a lot).

8. Ability to let me know results of testing (aka PM). Please don't post testing results in this forum as, at this point we're only testing.

9. Ability to do steps 1 thru 5 again, if needed, without getting POed. (Or have a backup SD card with items 1 thru 5 as a backup. Able to wipeout current SD card and restore from the backup SD card.)

If agree to all of the above, please PM me and I'll reply with the Raspberry Pints zip package.

Thanks.
So be able do what is required to get the original raspberry pints installed?

Do you have a test plan?

Do you have flow meter support?

Do you support Arduino UNO?

Do you care which version of rpi?

Do you have a time frame for get test results?

What testing have you done?

Do you broadcast your SSID? If you don't then you need to setup a file to find it.

edit: here is link to how to set it up
https://raspi.tv/2017/how-to-auto-connect-your-raspberry-pi-to-a-hidden-ssid-wifi-network
yeah i broadcast my ssid but can't even see the neighbours. I've even swapped my wifi dongle with no luck. Had no problems with the previous install, never had to do anything the internet was just available.
I even followed the instructions in the link to no avail.

So be able do what is required to get the original raspberry pints installed?

Do you have a test plan?

Do you have flow meter support?

Do you support Arduino UNO?

Do you care which version of rpi?

Do you have a time frame for get test results?

What testing have you done?

Test plan is for people to test it.

As far as we believe, there is NO impact on flow meters in the new version. Flow meter support is present in the new version.

Ardunio Uno. Is this for flow meters?

Version of rpi. As noted Debian.

Results? When people have time, but not looking for years.

We've done alpha testing and basic, rudimentary beta testing, and are now looking for beta testing.

Awesome! I have plenty of fresh SD cards on hand and will try to get to this in the next few days.

I do have a long-shot question: any chance of importing an existing database? :D

Cheers!

I meant literally importing an existing beers/tap/keg/pours/etc database so that one could pick right up without having to start over...

Cheers!

Back