[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I click on bottles, nothing is there.
scroll to the right there is a remove button
upload_2020-3-13_7-33-56.png

can you send me the untapped number you used? also if your using my version did you try to import the beer using the untapped number (under beers)?
I used this number 3715036.
im using RandR+ pressed add beer under beer tab and added the untappt beer id..

Hi, just got rpint up and running but I can't manage to show my beer labels. I always add my homebrew to untsppt with a label and when adding a beer in rpint I'm put in the right untappd number but still no image show? Any suggestions?
Cheers

That's cool. Didn't realize you could add your own beers to untapped

Ok I can't seem to figure out how to add my beere to untapp'd.unless I get a business account. Is there a free option?

I have tried reading back through the pages but didn't find anything. How far should I follow the build instructions over at the site (http://raspberrypints.com/build-flow-meters/) before running the new install command? (`
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash`)?
Back on page 67 I saw the notes on what changed but is that still valid since the new install scripts for example?

I just installed the Randr+ version of Raspberry Pints but couldn't find an answer in the forums to two issues that I have been having:
1. I was not able to find how to change the volume from Gallons to Ounces
2. Even though I have set show poured value to off it is still showing

thanks

check /var/log/apache2/error.log for errors related to untappd
Nope, cant see any error related to untappd. Does it work for you? Tried on and rpi and a ubuntu machine. Same problem. You cant upload beer labels straight in the add beer menu?

1. I was not able to find how to change the volume from Gallons to Ounces
2. Even though I have set show poured value to off it is still showing
1. I didn't add a ounce option for remaining amount
2. apparently I have an unused config "Show Poured Value" what you really want to change is "Pours Show Amount Poured:"

Does it work for you? You cant upload beer labels straight in the add beer menu?
yes it worked for me.
I just commited the change to allow manual upload of beer images. if you rerun the installer it will prompt you to update. *It will revert any changes you made locally*

1. I didn't add a ounce option for remaining amount
2. apparently I have an unused config "Show Poured Value" what you really want to change is "Pours Show Amount Poured:"

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What I am trying to hide is the amount poured above the Keg for each beer so that only the amount remaining is shown below.

yes it worked for me.
I just commited the change to allow manual upload of beer images. if you rerun the installer it will prompt you to update. *It will revert any changes you made locally*
That's weird.
Will do tomorrow, cheers!

yes it worked for me.

Where did you add the change? cant find any manual option to upload beer image under "add beer"

N
Where did you add the change? cant find any manual option to upload beer image under "add beer"
Never mind, did an fresh install and it works now!
I dont know how hard it is for you but is it possible to add that you can change Text colour and size?
And for some reason does the Beer name dissapear when i change number of horizontal tap list beer column to 2.

Last edited:
Text colour and size?
And for some reason does the Beer name dissapear when i change number of horizontal tap list beer column to 2.
I'm working on making the display more customizable, but until then you need to play around with the style.css

Right you are, must have fat figured something, will look at sometime this week

Text colour and size?
And for some reason does the Beer name dissapear when i change number of horizontal tap list beer column to 2
I'm working on making the list more customizable until then you will need to modify style.css to change text and color

Right you are, I will look at soon to figure out why

I want to thank everyone who has had a part in creating and maintaining this project, especially @RandR+, @Tobor_8thMan, and @LBussy. I came upon it last week and wanted to get it running for my setup, but I realized I would prefer not to dedicate an RPi to the task since I don't currently have plans to use any of the physical aspects of the project. Since I've already got a server running, I decided to spin up a Docker container using RandR+'s code (with very helpful snippets of code from LBussy's script). If there is interest out there from others in running a Docker version of RPints, I could publish my code on Docker Hub for anyone to use. I think I've already got it in a state that anyone could use. I designed it to use Docker Compose with environment variables to set the various aspects. It is based off the linuxserver.io nginx docker image (I used nginx instead of apache), and it uses the mariadb image for its database and phpmyadmin image for admin access to the database. For anyone who doesn't plan to implement physical features like flow meters, this could potentially be an easier way to get the software running (and allows you to run it on any system with docker instead of exclusively an RPi).

nginx instead of apache
This is interesting because Fermtrack uses nginx but I couldn't get it to run RPints even with the config that comes with Fermtrack.

Could you share you config with me to run RPints and I can work to get Fermtrack and RPints to work on the same server for those who want it.

Could you share you config with me to run RPints and I can work to get Fermtrack and RPints to work on the same server for those who want it.
Sure. What parts of the config are you looking for? I imagine the difficulty of running Fermentrack and RPints at the same time on the same server (without something like a reverse proxy server) is that both want to run on port 80. My setup runs on port 80 since it is running inside a docker container and uses a separate reverse proxy container to handle redirecting based on subdomain. If you'd like to run Fermentrack or RPints on a different port (which requires people to manually enter the port or provide some other redirection to it), then I can definitely point you to how to do that. Otherwise, I'll need more info on what you're looking for.

Because I'm tired of hunting for links, I have created two redirects for these projects.

To install:
Code:
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash
(Redirected to @RandR+ 's install script which allows you to choose between his and Tobor's version.)
For support:

https://support.rpints.com

(redirects to this thread.)

This is amazing. Thanks for all you've done putting this together.

client secret you need to sign up for a API key from them.

I cant remember how I found the brewery id, usually its in the URL to the brewery page
But when applying for an API key they want to know what sort of app your developing, website URL callback URL and all this other stuff. What are you supposed to put there?

untapped.JPG

N

Never mind, did an fresh install and it works now!
I dont know how hard it is for you but is it possible to add that you can change Text colour and size?
Try this for starters..
RPints css edits.png

This is amazing. Thanks for all you've done putting this together.

I couldn't agree more, used the new RPI image installer, ran the single bash script and it installed flawlessly...
Quick question, I'm going to use flowmeters with a uno (or clone) and I couldn't find any instructions on where to find the ino file to put there? Would gladly help to update the instructions if need be!

What parts of the config are you looking for?
just the nginx config to get php to run my quick research and example configs didn't work.

My thought is to put RPints on a sub directory so the URL would be 127.0.0.1/Rpints/index.php

Back