Vanilla Granola...this may sound weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So i come home and there is box of vanilla granola from the farmers market lying on the counter. I open the box and take a sniff and say DAMN! It smelt like malt but with just a hint of vanilla. Im sure there is some sugar that can be extracted from it so this is what i was thinkin:

8lbs of 2-row or pale malt....help me choose
3lbs of vanilla granola
.5oz of crystal 10L

let it mash for 60 minutes at 152 farenhiet

what do you guys think...should i go for it? I took a hand full of palemalt/viena today and mixed it with the vanilla granola and took a sniff and it smelt amazing. then i threw it in my mouth and it tasted amazing.

My main question is should i run the vanilla granola through the grain mill? Im looking at it kinda like flaked maize/rice/oats. Do you run those through the mill?

Ad if you guys want to play arond with the recipe go ahead! :ban: I want it to be a little dark...kinda like an amber ale with vanilla hints. I just want to know if i am using the right base malt also

Thanks guys

That sounds lovely. I would think depending on the size of the chunks you's want to at least run it over with something heavy or a rolling pin to even out the size. Not sure about a grin mill.

Back