Value of brulosophy exbeeriments, others experience, myths and beliefs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to use green every time I was being sarcastic, I'd be using green all the time. Meh. ;)

See, I'm more of a winky kind of guy. ;)
Yes, I'm resorting back to smileys too. Keep it simple, eh? Never heard of the green thing, except when my brew is new. :)

I have been here for a while and haven't noticed the green font thing either. The more ya know...

“ how many angels can dance on the head of a scientific pin.” Lol . ⬆️
ive enjoyed the experiments that I watched. I’m sure not going to do it. As noted above by someone, my takeaway was that close is good enough, except for maybe sanitizing

From the Brulosophy article today: "Out of the 12 of 21 blind tasters who were able to distinguish a beer fermented with Saflager W-34/70 at 60˚F/16˚C from the same beer fermented at 82˚F/28˚C, 7 selected the warm ferment beer as their preferred, 2 chose the cool ferment sample, 2 felt there was a difference but had no preference, and 1 thought there was no difference. This doesn’t mean the warm ferment lager was necessarily better, just that of the participants who were correct, a majority liked it more than the cool fermented sample."

I feel like this paragraph helps explain my position. The majority of people enjoyed the warm fermented lager v. the cold (or "properly") fermented lager. You know what this means to me? These people don't like lagers, lol. What it really means, is the exbeeriment returned a significant result, the beers were different.
I could look at your conclusion and say, surely there is enough variance within lager flavours, even fermented under cold conditions, to say there are lagers that taste great, some that tast pretty mundane. I dont have to be a lager drinker to tell you which lager i prefer. I make lagers, but i am not a lager drinker. Prefer ambers or pales. I stll like to have lager available in my fridge. Certainly a czech style.

All i would infer from experiment like this one, is that you might be able to make a decent lager with warm fermentation. So i might try it and see.

Id say some of my brewing process is simplified thanks to brulosophy experiments, and my own results.

Latest posts

Back