Using corney for secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowmax10

Reaction score
So me and my brewing buddy here in the real world had the idea to use a couple of old kegs as secondary fermenters

The trick was to cut off the dispensing tube so it would be slightly above the junk in the bottom to facilitate easy siphoning with the use of a CO2 bottle

what do you guys think about the idea??

Its been done already, actually they sell a attachment to put an airlock on the end of a ball or pin lock attachment.

Does anyone know what the thread is on a corny? I'm thinking that the gas in connector could be temporaily removed and a barb for a tube screwed on in it's place, then tube to jug with sanitizer for an airlock/blowoff

If you're concerned about it getting clogged, I would just take of the post, place the poppet in a safe location, and re attach the post. Since you have the poppet removed, you could also take out the spring loaded piercer of a gas connect.

I don't think mine have ever clogged, but even then it's just as easy as removing quick connect, a quick wipe down and some starsan solution.

Back