Using a burner indoors...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP, or me? I can play Russian Roulette and live 5 times... right?

It isnt a wise idea... that is all I am saying. There are rules in place for things like this for a reason, and all I am saying, is that IMHO they are legitimate reasons.

People will do what they do, they will make thier own decisions. All you can do is give them the legitimate facts on the subject and let Darwin sort out the rest. :D

The silence from the OP is a little disturbing. Time to check the papers for the "5 Gallons of Beer and Local Man Consumed in Ill-advised Brewing Accident" story on CNN...

Anyone remember the guy on here a year or so ago that LACERATED HIS FINGER and came to this forum for medical advice? Anyone recall him getting his finger amputated weeks later from infection?

I love this forum, but there is some advice I wont seek here ;)

LOL

I can see it now:

Guy: I just cut my finger. The blood is bright red and spurty!
HBT: RDWHAHB :tank:

I was wondering if the OP was still alive, but I'm glad that you're still here too, Pol.:mug:

Oh, and I was wondering about this broken bone. Should I see a doctor, or just have some more homebrew?:cross:

I've been brewing in the house with a Turkey Fryer for about a year now and not had a single issue. I put mine on a layer of cinder blocks to protect the kitchen floor, and open up the Sliding Glass door. I personally don't see much difference between cooking with my Gas stove(propane) and the Turkey Fryer. I don't have a Garage or a reasonably sized porch to brew on, so its the kitchen for me. Given the option I would do it out in a garage in heartbeat, but I'm not so fortunate.

As many posters have already said, the difference between a propane cook top and turkey fryer is the burner geometry. The burner on the stove is precisely designed so that the flame burns cleanly.

CO poisoning is extremely serious. The hemoglobin in your blood (the oxygen carrying part) binds to CO *even better than* it binds to oxygen, and the usual metabolic process that removes the oxygen from hemoglobin is unable to remove CO. The result is that the affected blood becomes useless until replaced by your bone marrow. If enough of your blood is affected, you will die of asphyxiation unless given a complete transfusion. Unlike CO2 poisoning, simply moving to an area with better quality air won't help you.

I was wondering if the OP was still alive, but I'm glad that you're still here too, Pol.:mug:

Oh, and I was wondering about this broken bone. Should I see a doctor, or just have some more homebrew?:cross:

Homebrew... I already consulted Darwin... you are good to go!:mug:

I was thinking about this alot last night and I decided I will start doing my Boil outside. There's enough people on here that are adimant about not using the burner in the house, that I'll take the better safe than sorry approach from now on. It won't be as convienient, but there's something to be said for staying alive.

Back