used an auto syphon for the first time today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
I used this on my 6th brew today. Racked from my carboy-secondary to my bottling bucket.
WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING RACKING WITHOUT THIS THIS THING?!?!?!?!? Awesome tool! Highly recommended!
:rockin::ban::mug:

Was sitting with some HBT'ers last weekend and we were discussing this very thing. Oh, I probably shouldn't tell but we all feel comfort when our airlocks are bubbling. :D

Yep, auto syphon are a little piece of happiness. Wait till you use the 1/2 version, same awsomeness with double the suction.

I dip my cane and tube in sanitizer first to lube the seal and the inside of the tube. With the rubber hosing attached insert the cane into the tube (make sure the hosing is submerged) and insert it all the way in as you would for syphoning. This is how I keep them sanitized intil I use them. Just pull them apart and use.

Make sure you store the inner cane and outer tube seperated. This extends the life of the seal.

Latest posts

Back