US source for pint bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerStro

Reaction score
I'm currently collecting all the things I need for my first brew, but decided I wanted to use pint size bottles and have run into a wall. The only 500ml/16 ounce bottles I've found either have a flip top seal or are from a UK/EU based supplier and I really, really don't want to pay twice the cost of the bottles in shipping costs alone when a case of 22oz bottles is only $12. Are there any hidden supply stores I'm missing out on? It seems impossible to find in the US.

Would it be possible to order something like this:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/ez-cap-bottles-brown-16-oz-with-flip-tops.html

and just remove the flip top? It looks like there is a standard lip there to accept a cap.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, it doesn't even HAVE to be a pint bottle, I am just in search of something a little more unique than the standard 12 or 22 ounce bottle.

I swear I looked over Northern Brewer half a dozen times, even linked them above. Thanks though, I'll have to give them a shot.

Any info on capping the flip top? Just for curiosities sake.

I swear I looked over Northern Brewer half a dozen times, even linked them above. Thanks though, I'll have to give them a shot.

Any info on capping the flip top? Just for curiosities sake.

I have the bottles that you linked in your first post. I can try to cap one tonight.

Back