Upstate NY - Hello!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakesDad

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'd been thinking about getting started with homebrewing for a few years, but never pulled the proverbial trigger until recently. Some guys at my job made a few batches, and they all had great success, so I figured it was time for me to take the plunge.

Two weeks ago, I made my first batch - a Red Ale kit bought from my local brewstore. It's currently in bottles in my basement - waitingwaitingwaiting...

This weekend, I made another kit - a Continental Light Ale - and I added some orange/lime/lemon juice (fresh squeezed) to the boil. That's currently fermenting - will be bottled this weekend.

I've enjoyed everything so far, and am already hoping to soon move away from the kits and into my own concoctions. From what I've seen of this site, you all seem incredibly freindly and helpful and knowledgable, so I'm looking forward to reading and learning along with the rest of ya...

See ya on the boards!

Hey, 2nd Street - you must shop at my LHBS (Hennessey HB, might have gotten the spelling wrong). I'm just over the MA border. Good to see some local folks around.

I actually live in Niskayuna, and work in Troy.

Hennessy Home Brew Emporium in Troy is the store I've been going to...

Allright, finally got some northerners here to balance the Texans and NC contingent. Was over at Hennessay's on Monday to pick up a couple of things for today. I work in downtown Albany, just up from the Pump Station. Good beers there.

Cool.

If you're near a radio on Friday, the Hennesy guy will be on WAMC (90.3) at 2:00. I've heard the show before, it's always good, it's him, the guy from the Pump Station, and I think maybe someone else.

Welcome fellow New Yorker!

I'm in Wappingers Falls which is around Poughkeepsie. Distant suburb of NYC. There is a good LHBS in Red Hook. www.partycreations.net. Tell Gloria or Bruce that Matt W. sent ya - you'll get like 5% off your order and so will I!

P.S. I looked up where your at and it's a bit of a drive. Nice country though.

Damn Bird I wish I wasn't at work. I'll have to listen to it when I get home. I might be stopping by Hennessey's Saturday if I decide I have time to brew Sunday. Last time I was in he gave me a sample of his cider he just did, tasty. I'm thinking of bringing in some of the last lager I did to reciprocate:D Also going to stop by the Pump station at lunch and pick up a growler of something for tonight.

I don't think they archive the show, unfortunately. If you work in an office, good time to close the door and "get some work done" for an hour (listen to the streaming feed). That's what I've got to do, I'm out in Bath, NY at the in-laws, out of range of even the great WAMC.

I was on their site this morning and thought I saw an archive, I know I saw that they had a podcast, I'll look when I get home. Unfortunately, I work in a network Command Center and can't listen here:mad:

Back