update on my "Quest for the perfect wit beer"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braumeise

Reaction score
I have bottled my first two NOT test batches and both turned out very drinkable.
Quite proud now :)

I did brew two new batches but due to my HB-Store being out of the yeast I usually use and the Saarz Hops, I went very "wild" and used hallertauermittelfrüh and mandarina Bavaria Hops as well as a completly different yeast (Wyeast 3942).

My original recipe called for 1 oz of Saarz so I used 0.5 Hallertauer and 0.5 mandarina.

The wort tasted very bitter but not unpleasant to me, so I am very excited to see what I will end up with.

I have finally mastered the process of mashing. I hit my temps and keep them steady so that is a good thing. What I can't figure out yet, why I end up never hitting the volume of fermentable wort that is to go into fermentation. And I am very precise with my meassurements.

here is a picture from my test drinking ;)

j7f9kbez.jpg

oh and before I forget, this would not have turned out a beer, let alone a drinkable beer resembling a wit beer, without the help and useful support I did get from you guys here...

<3 you! and thanks!

Back