Up to 50% for Inkbird Android wifi temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here are my reactions so far from this device. Let me start by listing my equipment:
Nexus 6P 6.0.1 Security patch May 1, 2016.

So connecting was flawless once I switch to the 2.4ghz. Held down the wifi button on the device until it flashed, and it connected to the app within 5 seconds. Kudos, this worked perfectly. Once connected I verified that the device was indeed on my wifi network, which it is showing as 192.168.0.98. I then switched my phone back to 5ghz, since it should communicate over the wifi the band at that point should not matter. Well it no longer sees the inkbird. So I switched back to 2.4ghz thinking maybe it only sees things on it's own band, so be it no big deal there, but even back on 2.4ghz the app is not able to connect back to the device, it shows offline. Now I went back into my router and verified it is indeed still connected and it responds to ping on 192.168.0.98 still. I tried unplugging it and letting it reconnect to wifi to see if that was the issue... no dice. Just in case the switching to 5ghz confused my ip stack or something, I rebooted my phone, once again still does not reconnect.

So as it stands this device won't work too awesome if I cannot connect to it. I have suggestions, no reason to just provide feedback without some suggestions.

#1. Allow static ip address to be set after initial config. Once connected the first time allow us to go through the app and set a static ip for the device.
#2. Allow us to add the controllers via IP address to the app. I would say let us use both ip(or domain names) and a port # so users can connect their devices up and be able to access them externally. Perhaps have a external address and internal address field
Internal ip: 192.168.0.98
External ip: boboki.com:3456 (which would route to 192.168.0.98)
#3. Allow us to force a reconnect within the app, so it actually tries to connect not just a refresh.
#4. Open up the APIs to the zigbee connectors.

All-in-all I like where you are going with this device, and this is a great first (beta) step in my opinion. I see MASSIVE potential in this product and as a beta product I see this as standard issues that we will see in beta. I am happy to provide more feedback, or test more beta app changes (ANDROID ONLY) for this for you, I can really see this being amazing and being used by many in their raspberry pi setups and other configs. Please open it up completely and let the public start to integrate it into their own products, that will be your biggest claim to fame. Great beta guys, it is shaping up really well!

Got my PM today.

For the Android one they're running for May? Considering they said that they wouldn't start PMing people until 5/31, I think you may have got a message regarding another thread?

I was number 50 and have not received my PM yet.

For the Android one they're running for May? Considering they said that they wouldn't start PMing people until 5/31, I think you may have got a message regarding another thread?

I was number 50 and have not received my PM yet.

The PM says they received them early.

got my PM for 50% and followed the link - made a paypal payment May 26th. Have not heard anything beyond that

Things can take time when you are dealing with people in different countries. The fact is they are a company based in China.

I feel pretty confident they are legit seeing they have a 100% rating on Amazon.

We shall see. Would be nice to receive an acknowledgment of payment/purchase.

I received acknowledgement via PM. Have not received notification of shipment yet, but was told that they would ship to me timely. Definitely Chinese based company, you can tell that English is not their first language just from their post. The PM exchanges we've had further solidify that as well. I'm not worried about it being a scam at all.

The controller I received still will not connect when following all of your instructions. Can we get the "fixed" or upgraded replacement you have mentioned? I would rather have a working version of the product you promised than a refund. But I will need one of these very soon.

I understand that volunteering to be the first ones to use a new product can mean trading a discount for a few small problems, but it really seems that this product is not working at all for many of the users and should have been much better than this before taking money/ orders from consumers.

I have been very happy with my other inkbird products in the past. Very surprised and disappointed at how poorly this product is being managed.

Looking forward to you making it right.

Me too... I have a tracking number. Can't wait!

I'm thinking before I replace my existing controller on my chest freezer, I'll run the new wi-fi version side-by-side and just use it to monitor the fermentation temp.

I guess it may not arrive before my next brew day anyway. But when it gets here I can drop the probe into the extra thermowell that I have.

Got mine today. Can't figure out how to log into app. Have to mess with it after kids go to bed.

Got mine today, but haven't used it yet.

One issue though (actuall two)... no humidity sensor and no cooking sensor! I only got the little antenna and the temp probe! I bought this so I could play around with all the sensors and see what I could do with them in regards to brewing and fermenting, and maybe some around the house stuff. I'm disappointed. The packaging looks nice though, if that's any reconciliation. Lol!

I guess you only get half the capabilities for half the price. I hope this thing connects to my wifi tomorrow.

Again... I'm disappointed.

I never got a shipping confirmation but it was at my house when I got home yesterday. I opened the beat up box to see the product looked fine but that is as far as I got. Not happy to hear that the cooking sensor is possibly not in the box though.

I got the 50% off, but wasn't able to pay until today, hopefully everything goes well.

I received mine today also, in a beat up outer box too, but all was fine with the actual product box. In the product box below the unit is a smaller box and that had the temperature probe in it. You might want to check to be sure.

got mine today. Was pretty easy to set up. downloaded the android app and it fired right up. Had no problems. will report later, but so far, off to a great start

I received mine today also, in a beat up outer box too, but all was fine with the actual product box. In the product box below the unit is a smaller box and that had the temperature probe in it. You might want to check to be sure.

Yep, but no humidity sensor and no cooking sensor. :( Just an antenna and a temp probe.

Did you get all 4 plug-ins?

I got mine today after getting shipping info last week.
My box was crushed a bit, however the product box inside was in impeccable condition.
I feel like when i ordered I knew that I was only getting the ambient temp sensor and the temp probe, so I was not surprised when I didnt get a humidity or cooking sensor.

I was unable to connect to my unit via wifi, following the included instructions I kept getting a "failure:" error which is oh so helpful... Im waiting to hear back from tech support and hopefully this is an easy fix.
Im honestly currently just hoping to be able to use this sensor to remotely check temperature and not even control a heat/cool unit.

Back