Unsure if fermentation took place!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkwarn3

Reaction score
I brewed last Sunday, and then worked out of town all week and just got home! Since I was gone, I didn't actually witness any action in my airlock! I've attached a pic! What do you think!

image-1024985490.jpg

Yep! That was my next step anyway! Took a big whiff right before I put lid back on! Smells like its coming nicely!

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers!

See the hops way up there on the side? They didn't magically crawl. That's left over from when the foamy krausen got big. The krausen fell and left a ring of hops. It definitely fermented.

Also, the taste should give it away...

cheesehed007 said:
Yep, looks like a krousen cap to me. Only way to really tell is to take a gravity reading. Cheers!

Yep. Seems like all is good so far!

Thanks!

Go Pack Go!!

The reason you didn't see any airlock activity is probably because your bucket lid has a leak. The only way to be sure is by gravity readings.

BansheeRider said:
The reason you didn't see any airlock activity is probably because your bucket lid has a leak. The only way to be sure is by gravity readings.

The main reason I didn't see anything is because I was gone all week and left right after I put it to the primary! But......I will definitely check the bucket lid! Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back