Unique talents?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doze are nought pipes.

True and thankfully so.

It's actually a uilleann pipe. The reservoir is stored under one arm, and is filled with a bellows under the other arm.

The result from the single pipe is a sound more pleasing than the "drone of dying cats" sound that you'd get from the Scottish pipes.

Homercidal said:
The result from the single pipe is a sound more pleasing than the "drone of dying cats" sound that you'd get from the Scottish pipes.

Retract that statement and from this point forward they shall be referred to a Great Highland Bagpipes.

1. I can convert beer, wine, spirits into urine :)

2. I can fly and fix a aircraft

I just finished restoring a 57 Cushman Motor Scooter

My friend is a bagpipe fan. But what do you expect from someone named "McHugh"? Then again, he also like Country Western, so...

I've played Bluegrass for 30-years..... most guys buy a Porsche and chase women half their age when they decide to have a mid-life crisis.... I took up the Pipes (Great Highland Pipes.... the Uileann pipes are next). I figured it would be cheaper and safer... I was wrong on both counts....

I've played Bluegrass for 30-years..... most guys buy a Porsche and chase women half their age when they decide to have a mid-life crisis.... I took up the Pipes (Great Highland Pipes.... the Uileann pipes are next). I figured it would be cheaper and safer... I was wrong on both counts....

I've been rocking the Iron Horse: Fade to Bluegrass the past few days. I want to check out their Guns and Roses album...

I forgot, one of my unique talents is fixing computers without touching them. Yep, I get a call from my boss to come up and see what's wrong. I go up there, and it works fine. Happens all the time.

I forgot, one of my unique talents is fixing computers without touching them. Yep, I get a call from my boss to come up and see what's wrong. I go up there, and it works fine. Happens all the time.

Computers fear me? You must be the opposite of Chuck. Chuck Norris can break a computer just by looking at it.

I remember a recital from Liam "Óg" O'Floinn who played Uileann pipes for Planxty and he told us that it takes 17 years to get to master status with the pipes.

Homercidal said:

This happened to me a lot when I was working IT. I told people that the PCs knew I had a screwdriver in my pocket and wasn't afraid to use it.

Kind of like taking a sick child to the doctor, and she suddenly feels fine because she suspects that there will be a needle involved.

I have the ability to put up with stupidity and asinine behavior from co-workers and management without choking the living sh#t out of them.

Not that I don't want to, most of them are just not worth the effort.

At first I thought you were having a seizure and I was glad I didn't gave to start an IV in your flailing arm to give you medication. Then I watched for a few more seconds and I realized that you were making purposefully movements so it wasn't a seizure. But with the tonic/clinic flailing and the weird noises you almost fooled me, and that hasn't happened in years. That would make a great training video to show new nurses the difference between seizures and pseudo-seizures

I have the weird ability to hold stuff between my eyebrow folds. My wife hates when i grab a handful of sugar packets when we go out to eat. I've always wanted to weigh out the packets and submit it to Guinness World Records for "heaviest object held in bridge of nose". Here a few sugar packets and a spoon. Its odd, most folk's fold is vertical when you make an angry face, but it obviously has to be horizontal for this to work.

6dc54001.jpg

b65d3c0d.jpg

At first I thought you were having a seizure and I was glad I didn't gave to start an IV in your flailing arm to give you medication. Then I watched for a few more seconds and I realized that you were making purposefully movements so it wasn't a seizure. But with the tonic/clinic flailing and the weird noises you almost fooled me, and that hasn't happened in years. That would make a great training video to show new nurses the difference between seizures and pseudo-seizures

hahaha, I've been asked about my flailing hand motions while I beatbox... It's not even really a conscious thing... so it may be closer to a seizure than you think :)

cyberwollf said:
I have the weird ability to hold stuff between my eyebrow folds. My wife hates when i grab a handful of sugar packets when we go out to eat. I've always wanted to weigh out the packets and submit it to Guinness World Records for "heaviest object held in bridge of nose". Here a few sugar packets and a spoon. Its odd, most folk's fold is vertical when you make an angry face, but it obviously has to be horizontal for this to work.

Can't think why your wife hates it man, she should be so proud.

I played college hockey several times under the influence of my favorite swill of the week....still hold the record for fewest minutes played and most penalty minutes as a result of fighting. I'd say that takes talent. Billy Madison is my idol.

Latest posts

Back