undoing a keggle conversion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyphaeon

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a keggle which I would like to use for distilling. As the name implies it has had the top cut off. Unwisely, in a fit of spring cleaning I threw the top in the trash. Has anyone seen a nice lid job on a keggle? I've thought about how to make something that can take the pressure but have not come up with anything too brilliant. I'd like to avoid getting another keg as 1) I got this one legit 2) Room considerations and 3) I'd like it to double as an electric HLT.
I can post at http://homedistiller.org/forum/ if you don't think HBT has what it takes.
Thanks!

For purifying rain water I made a top for my keggle. :D A flat plate that is larger than the opening with 4 rotating clamps inside and a big silicone gasket (plus whatever structure from above you might want). This way the only thing to change from brewing to purifying rain water is to put the top on and already have the fittings, burner, temp controls, etc.

You shouldn't have any pressure generated. You want the steam to escape and cool. Pressure gets you on the late local news.

conneryis007 I honestly didn't think of that but you are totally correct. I would stay keg neutral that way.

johngaltsmotor, what else would you use it for? I think I understand your description but if you have a picture....

Bobby_M johngaltsmotor, yes, you are both right. I should have said steam tight and not pressure bomb.

Back