Understanding burners (get a new one in Canada?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurisu

Reaction score
I bought a turkey fryer propane burner and pot from walmart a few months ago (here's a link: 36 Quart Turkey Fryer, Garden & Patio | Walmart Canada - Save Money. Live Better. ).

Problem is, it takes about 40 minutes to bring 30 L to a boil. Is there a replacement burner (maybe a jet nozzle?) I can get (in Canada) and just replace the cast iron burner? Or do I need to get a whole new regulator, stand, etc.?

Thanks!

Hello Rider Fan! Before you dump your burner, was your propane tank warm when you were brewing? Propane does not love our winter weather. I had to warm up my propane tank two weeks ago to get it to have sufficient pressure. Brewing last night though and it was fine.

If you must get new equipment, Hop Dawgs Home Brewing Supplies you may want to look at this.

The fellow Saskatoon brewers at the Headhunters Paddock Wood Brewing Co. Brew club are quite helpful too.

Please don't talk to me about the Riders... :)

Okay, looks like Hop Dawgs has a few burners, that's great to know. I'll have to contact them and get the info on what else I would need (new regulator, if it can fit onto my turkey fryer setup as is, etc.).

Thanks for the pointer!

Back