two thirds of a brew stand at costco?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did find out that costco does fills for $10 on 20# and need to ask what they charge for a 40# or 100# fill. I think a 100# tank would be a pain (hand truck) but a 40# can be carried.

The outdoor cooker from costco I thought could be a low cost option for someone. Not sure if it's a viable option though.

People have used these successfully: http://bayouclassicdepot.com/rba5_folding_double_burner.htm

rba5_folding_double_burner.jpg

Ben's RV in York, PA does 20# refills for $12 and I believe BJ's Wholesale club in York used to do them for $9.

I'm tired of getting raped $15 for a 20# fill.

Someone did a pretty complete writeup & comparison on Propane prices a while back. Seemed the general consensus was that getting a bottle refilled was a much better value than exchanges.

My local hardware store just charged me $17 to fill a 20 lb. tank. That makes your $15 seem like a pretty good value.

Search the forums for that thread - there was lots of good info on it.

Just saw this online today after searching their store for 40# propane tanks. I'm tired of getting raped $15 for a 20# fill.

Raped? Try Blue Rino in the S.F. bay area with the 3 1/2 to 3 5/8 gallon fill with these new valves with the fill float limiter POS a EPA thing. A exchange bottle costs $23.95. At $6.60 a gallon this is a expensive way to brew vs electric. The 50# bottle just for the BBQ.

I didn't intend this to be a propane cost thread. whoops. I guess propane price raping is all relative. When I can pay $10 for a 20# refill and the local places charge $5 more I feel ripped. Then if I had a 40# or larger tank the propane is a bit cheaper still. Plus less time heading to the fill station lugging tanks around.

They had curbside pickup tuesday, this included bed frames aka brew stand, computers, I grabbed two that work plus only one 3 cu/ft cube dorm fridge plus a 1,100 wqt microwave that looks like new. All items work. The on switch contacts inside the microwave were welded closed so it ran all the time a simple fix and my shop microwave now. There was enough iron to build many brew stands if angle iron was in your build vs square tube.

Latest posts

Back