Two things I've learned While Bottling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRUbaker

Reaction score
They are...
1). - Homebrew taste GREAT when drank at 60°F to 70°F!

2). - Homebrew taste GREAT when still unconditioned & green!

Also, I just secondaried an Oktoberfest that I could easily start drinking RIGHT NOW! Fortunately I can wait long enough for it to get even better.

Another thing you will eventually learn is that it taste even better when kegged and on tap. :D

Man that Oktoberfest will be great! Make sure you cook with a bottle.. Hear me out now- I made some beer brats with caramelized onions and holy crap was it good..

Another thing you will eventually learn is that it taste even better when kegged and on tap. :D

Not everybody kegs, nor do they see it as a logical progression, nor agrees that kegged beer tastes better than properly carbed and bottle conditioned beer.

*shrug*

BRUbaker where do you live? I have a couple beers that I won't be able to drink for awhile because of my upcoming surgery...Including my 5 year agine Barleywine which I won't be able to bottle til I can lift over 5 pounds again, which won't be for 12 weeks or so.....

You could come over and sample them for me....I'll even give you a straw. :mug:

BRUbaker where do you live? I have a couple beers that I won't be able to drink for awhile because of my upcoming surgery...Including my 5 year agine Barleywine which I won't be able to bottle til I can lift over 5 pounds again, which won't be for 12 weeks or so.....

You could come over and sample them for me....I'll even give you a straw. :mug:

If I still lived in Cleveland it would make for a great weekend trip! We'd get all of it bottled...well however much makes it into the bottles anyway!

BARLEY WINE and a STRAW! Whoa! I can feel it already:drunk:

Revy,

It does not look like BRUbaker can make it, but I can be there in about 7 hours. If I remember correctly, Port Huron is right next to Canada, on the southern tip of the lake. Basically near the "knuckle" of the thumb (I had a lot of college friends from MI).

Kurt

Back