Two Hearted Ale Clone - Awesome..but cloudy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Do they stay fresh for long? Seems kinda crazy to have to drop a hundred bucks to get a beer you want.

An IPA should be fresh for about 6 months in a sixtel. I wouldn't buy anything older than 3 months or so. Most of the time the date the beer was kegged is stamped on the keg label somewhere. $100+ is uncommon unless you are looking at a brew that's not kegged in large quantities. Most of the Ballast Point beers are over $100 for a sixtel, as is Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA. I would say the average price for a decent sixtel is around $60-$80. An example would be Dogfish Head 60 min IPA, which is $83 where I shop.

Man I'm jealous of the selection you have. We've only got one microbrewery where I am. They make great beer but it would be nice to have more choices. I keep hearing people mention the same great beers on here and I can't get any of em. Not even the big craft breweries. No dfh, no Sierra Nevada, no bells, etc.

well, my 2nd batch came out killer. it was the three hearted clone from northern brewer. I don't filter any of my beer so when I went to have my first pint from the keg, it was immediately clogged by hops. I took the keg apart and had the same problem again. I then took it apart again but this time bent my feed tube, carefully, and tried for the third time. a huge success. the beer is delicious and did a taste test with my wife with the two hearted. she said my home brew had more punch vs the super clean taste of the two hearted.
in other news, I just realized the other day I can get sixtels for my keezer now. I am pumped. I can get great lakes sixtels less then 1/4 mile from from my house.

Back