True Gdm10 conversion to fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwthomas77

Reaction score
Hello I've am planning on building a fermenter out of a true gdm10 commercial fridge.

I'm planning on making it dual purpose and using it for beef aging as well as fermenting. Posts from raouliii have been very helpful.

I'm going to leave true thermostat inline and a stc 1000 as there will be times I will be running in the 36-38 range for the beef.

I am confused as to if it would be best to place the stc 1000 before or after the thermostat in the circuit. Anyone have any advice? Thanks. I plan to document the build here.

I recently converted a T-19F and I simply replaced the installed analog thermostat with the STC 1000. Chasing the wires took more time than expected, but after identifying a common and the power in, it was pretty simple. I used a segment of an outdoor extension cord for the hot side and plugged a cheap travel hairdryer into it.

Well here it is all done. Files uploaded from finished--> start of project.

The outlet has both humidity and heat capability (Humidity colored blue, heat red). Overall very happy with finished product. Intend to use it for meat aging as well as beer... thus the humidity control. Appreciate all the help found on this site.

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Back