Triskel Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacster

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get Triskel Hops in the U.S.?

I've looked at the usual places and nothing comes up. This is the hop used in the Dupont Saison Dry Hop 2013 Cuvee Special. I'm brewing tomorrow, but would like to duplicate this.

Last year I used an experimental hop in my saison, this one from Segal Hop Ranch in WA state. That beer was a big hit.

Google is usually my friend but it didn't turn up any sellers.

I guess they're a cross between Strisselspalt and Yeoman. I've definitely never used them before, but they should be good. Can't say I've ever seen them stateside, either. It looks like you can order them from European distributors, but that seems like a hassle.

I am superrrrr late to the boat on this thread, but I felt like Triskel deserves love and praise.

I have used it twice--once in an English Pale Ale and again in a Biere De Garde.

A few tips: it is mellow, so use a lot of it. 4oz in a 5 gallon batch of English Pale Ale was still relatively subtle. Also, the alphas are very low, so plan accordingly if using in the boil.

It might be the most floral hop that I've come across. In a phrase, "floral, honeyed citrus." It doesn't have that "grandma's perfume" floral character like you see in Loral or Palisade, nor the minty floral character you see in Polaris. Rather, it's a citrus (lemon?) blossom floral similar to Centennial, but with a little less pithy bite. There's also a sweetness to the aroma, the same way El Dorado has that inherent "sweetness."

All around a great hop. I recommend it for Pils, Saison and English Ales.

Back