Tried some new styles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chudz

Reaction score
The latest trip to the promised land, a.k.a. Binny's Beverage Depot, was inspired by Maru's post in the Tap Room regarding an RIS. So I took his suggestion on one of those and purchased some Old Rasputin. And since it was lonely in the cart, I also added a six-pack of Kolsch, which is a style that I've never had before. So I went with an employee suggestion of Krank Shaft. And to round it out, I yanked a Rochefort 8 off of the shelf to up my beer-classiness.

Thoughts:

Old Rasputin - A roasty flavor with something after it. Actually, I feel much better about my attempt at a stout now. Well, if I would have let it age more, then I could feel better about it. Either way, this was some pretty good stuff. (Thanks Maru.)

Krank Shaft - This was kind of interesting. I poured it into a chilled glass and took a sniff. It kind of smelled like a mexi-melt from Taco Bell. This is of course when I decided that mexi-melts tend to give you mexi-melt breath. Oh well. So I dove in and experienced hints of sweaty-horse shoulders coating my tongue. But it's good. And no, I'm not planning on breaking into horse farms and licking sweaty-horses' shoulders anytime soon. Either way, that taste note was more subdued than in one of the Belgian's I've had in the past. Overall, a nice change.

Rochefort 8 - Let's just say that if this beer were one of my friends then I would offer to marry its fat sister out of pure fealty.

Back