Tower for bar ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebrooker

Reaction score
I went to an auction where a bar was going out of business and picked up a brass perlick tower with 4 nozzles. Now I have to figure out how to build a bar to screw the tower to and have the hide the kegerator below and still have access to changing out kegs. Right now I have a upright fridge that I converted to a kegerator. I was thinking about going with a freezer but do not know how I would replace the keg. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also any ideas for the bar itself. Things that you couldn't live without and things that you would have done different. Here is a chance for all you homebrewers to brag on your innovative ideas.

You could keep you upright fridge and just run long beer lines, put the fridge in a side room and run 1/2 beer line insted of 1/4. just make some type of insulated race way for the beer lines and hook up a fan to carry cool air through the raceway.

I've made the offer before, ill do a google scketch up of a wet bar if you give me the dimentions of the area your working in..

I did what MadWeezel suggested, and built (still working on the final touches) my bar right next to the fridge. My lines are only about 7 ft and I stuck with the 3/16" ID line and run them through a flexible 2" tubing into my tower. A 2" fan sucks air through the tubing loop to keep the lines cool.

tubesintotower.jpg

Fridge is pulled out in this picture. You can see the temporarily plugged holes in the side of the fridge. I've got a ceramic tower. I used a piece of coax cable to pull the tubing up from underneath. Under the bar the flexible tubing is surrounded with 2" of styrofoam

madweezel

The space is 20x26 feet. The only thing I have in the room is a bathroom in the corner that is 7' by 7'. So the space where I was going to put the bar was a 13' wall with plumbing roughed in, for a sink, midway. The bar was going to have a backbar on that 13' wall.

Back