Totally messed up bottling day..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
So today was a bottling day, got everything ready poured a glass of home brew and commenced to bottle up 2 cases... After I was all done I looked up and saw I had forgotten to drink my beer, there sat a full glass of my summer ale. Please tell me everything will turn out ok. I did drink it down rather quickly after I discovered it.
Cheers.. Just getting ready for April 1st...

Sorry to have to be the bearer of sad tidings, but I'm afraid the batch is ruined and you're going to have to arrange for an appropriate method of disposal.

I, however, am familiar with all of the necessary prerequisites, so feel free to send it to me as I'm more than happy to be of service:fro:

I try to get bottled in ~2 hours. It's so rushed there is little time to drink, but I usually get one down. Sory to hear of your misfortune.

The only fix I know for this abomination is to apply the 1:3 rule. For every bottle of beer you bottled, you must drink 1 highly crafted homebrew..... if you spread this out over a day or two all will be well with the beer gods.

Oh... dude. That sucks. Even a newbie like me has yet to make that error.

Oh nooo, even knowing i have to go to work I manage to get one beer fully ingested. Not paying homage to the beer gods could make a perfectly good beer taste bad to just you. At least your friends can still enjoy it. :drunk:

Back