Too much priming sugar?! Please help me @@

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngoc1111

Reaction score
I bottled my beer with very much sugar ,who can help me pls? I dont want bomb in my room.

I bottled exactly 30gam sugar into 1 bottle 330ml (X10 for my caculator)
Any suggestions or help is so greatly appreciated. Thank you and sorry for my English.

Duck ! These are dangerous bottle of beer you have about ten times as much sugar as you should have added the bottles will explode . Release the cap and pour into a clean bucket and ferment until the gravity has dropped to 1.012 or about that and then rebottle using only 3g of sugar per bottle . Only thing I can think of doing but the bottle could be very dangerous if they have been capped for a while.

Rather than dump out the beer which will certainly incur oxidation damage, just partially uncap the bottles to make sure they aren't sealed and let what's in them ferment out harmlessly. Then re-prime and re-cap...

Cheers!

Lol, that much sugar in a bottle equates to primary fermentation.
I too submitted myself to a Darwin award a few months ago and had a loud explosion in my room.

Back