Tomorrow's The Big Day, First Brew, Have ??'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houston We Have Fermentation!

Hey everyone, came home today and she was fermenting. I guess now its just
a waiting game. I plan on brewing an Irish Stout as soon as I get the Amber Ale
bottled.

Tempature is holding at around 65F using wick method and no ice bottles.

P.S. I find myself walking to the pantry to check the status of fermintation every
hour or so. heehehheheheheh

Haha, I love it. When I saw fermentation on my first batch I literally squealed. LOL. Anyway, I used to check fermentation every day. Now, sometimes I forget to check to see if it even STARTS fermenting. I almost forgot to check the one I just did, but it's bubbling away happily.

BTW if you're interested I just did a pictorial thread on brewing extract kits. Here's the link.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/pictoral-how-brew-extract-kit-202831/

I hope that helps and congrats on your first brew and first fermentation.

I don't respect people who mass produce crappy beer.

*facepalm* because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it crappy beer. They're perfect examples of the American Light Lager and they're difficult beers to make. Sure, they're thin and watery and don't have a lot of flavor, but that's what the style is. Hey, I don't care for them either, but it's a valid style. Every year at NHC there's a category devoted to people who brew them, and I'd venture that the people who win that category are some of the best brewers around. With nothing there to hide imperfections, you really have to have control over your process and sanitation.

</rant>

*facepalm* because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it crappy beer. They're perfect examples of the American Light Lager and they're difficult beers to make. Sure, they're thin and watery and don't have a lot of flavor, but that's what the style is. Hey, I don't care for them either, but it's a valid style. Every year at NHC there's a category devoted to people who brew them, and I'd venture that the people who win that category are some of the best brewers around. With nothing there to hide imperfections, you really have to have control over your process and sanitation.

</rant>

<rant>I never said it doesn't take talent. I however can NOT drink that swill and don't attempt to enjoy it.

It's sad when you have to come out with a rifling bottleneck to make up for flavorless beer. If I'm out of line than so be it. That stuff is great for getting hammered playing beer pong, but I'm not 19 anymore. I'll pass on those types of activities.

</rant> You forgot your opening tags. :p

Back