Today's project. Gravity fed system!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
Any input? Took a day off work and slapped this together. Waiting on my weldless kits to come in, grind my welds and paint. Then I'll let er rip!!

Construction is 1x1 11 gauge hot rolled square tubing. Mixed with 1x1 angle stock and some flat stock. Bayou classic propane burner can be transferred from top to bottom tier, rests in tracks. Will also add a heat shield to the top tier to prevent melting my mash tun.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406851714.590613.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That looks realy good, nice job. I like how you can move your burner around.

Is your HLT high enough to get a full mash volume into your MLT? I assume your HLT tap will be below the top of the MLT..? Gravity will do some work but only down to level with the top of your MLT.

Wheels or casters are awesome too if you plan to add them. I'd use locking ones on at least one end if you do.

Oh yeah the picture looks off, the burner is on the lower tier, will be transferred to the top to heat mash/sparge water. And then transferred to the bottom to boil. Top pot sits about 8in higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back