Today's Collar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culinarytracker

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So today I started the transformation of my chest freezer.

I started off by removing the lid, and laying out a frame of 2x2 boards for the internal frame. The back is one solid sheet of 1 inch pine with double thickness at the top and bottom for attaching the hinges, and the regulators.

After putting the inside frame together, I put the 1x12 inch boards on the outside, insulated the spaces inside, and will be putting hinges on both the collar and the lid.

The plan is to get SS Shanks, with Perlick 650SS's for all 4 holes.
I will mount a 4 product secondary regulator to the inside back surface, and will have 4 kegs, plus a 10# tank inside.

All in all it should serve 4 kegs, each with their own carbonation adjustment, and have room for 3 six packs of bottles.

Keezer 01.jpg

Keezer 02.jpg

Keezer 03.jpg

Keezer 04.jpg

Keezer 05.jpg

Keezer 06.jpg

Keezer 07.jpg

Keezer 08.jpg

Keezer 09.jpg

Keezer 10.jpg

I like the idea using 2x2 for the frame. It must save some on the weight. What kind of finish are you doing on the wood? I will look forward to seeing the finished product.
:mug:

Can't wait to see some more WIP pictures! My build is very similar except it's using 2x4s for the frame. I was planning on replacing the original top but I may just keep it like you did for now. What did you use for insulation? Plan on adding anything else?

Back