To those that have incorporated Urinals...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if I added $400 hanger, that would put the urinal out of the realm of possibility.

Don't be scared by list prices. A carrier can be purchased from a distributer for somewhere between $85 and $100.

Mifab is not the only option. You could go with Josam, Zurn, Jay R. Smith...

Any plumbing supply house near you that caters to light commercial will have one of those 4 drain lines.

I am not seeing any mention online about using one in the installation or anything. Are carrier bolts into studs really not sufficient?

At any rate, if you haven't bought the urinal, and the sheetrock is already hung, how can you be certain that no studs need to be strategically placed in order to bolt the fixture up?

The bathroom itself has not been built. They still need to add the two walls to create the bathroom in the laundry room. The wall that the Urinal will be against has to be built off the block wall still.

See any problem with this combo?

Sloan REGAL 186 XL Exposed, Water Saver (1.5 gpf/5.7 lpf) Urinal Flushometer for 3/4" Top Spud Urinals with ADA Compliant Handle

American Standard 6581.015 0.5 - 1.0 gpf Wall Hung Washout Urinal with 3/4" Spud Size (Comes with wall hanger)

I see the Flush volumes are different. Is it ok if the valve supplies more than the urinal needs? Or is it something that may cause an overflow? I'm not concerned about the extra .5G of water each flush.

$318 Shipped.

Anyone know anything about Mansfield? Menards sells them.

Anyone know anything about Mansfield? Menards sells them.

Mansfield is more of a builders grade (cheaper) line of china. More along the lines of Crane, Eljer, Gerber, etc.

The American Standard product is excellent; it is on par (if not better) than the Kohler.

1.0 GPF is a good choice. I am almost certain that the flushometer and urinal do not need to match GPM - the only rule is that you shouldn't use a urinal/toilet that requires MORE water to flush properly than the flushometer allows. A 1.5 GPF flush valve can clear waste from a 1.0 GPF urinal. That is all you need to worry about.

Mansfield is more of a builders grade (cheaper) line of china. More along the lines of Crane, Eljer, Gerber, etc.

The American Standard product is excellent; it is on par (if not better) than the Kohler.

1.0 GPF is a good choice. I am almost certain that the flushometer and urinal do not need to match GPM - the only rule is that you shouldn't use a urinal/toilet that requires MORE water to flush properly than the flushometer allows. A 1.5 GPF flush valve can clear waste from a 1.0 GPF urinal. That is all you need to worry about.

Thanks. That is how I understood it. It seems American Standard and Sloan is the only combination you ever see. Now to see if I can find them cheaper on ebay :)

Just ordered
Got the American Standard 6581.015 from Home Depot for $117 shipped and Sloan Regal 186 XL for $99 shipped. I might need a drain pipe when it comes, but I've got a couple of those laying around the garage. $225 for both brand new from respectable companies. Woohoo. Now to start looking for taphandles on Ebay :) Any BMC will do. Unless someone wants to donate :D

I work for a plumbing wholesaler and you shouldn't have any problems matching a 1.5 gpf valve up with a 1.0 gpf urinal. You'll get a little extra water when you flush but it won't be too crazy and it will drain. You can always change out the diaphragm in the flush valve if it's too much. A diaphragm shouldn't cost more then $15-20.

How put in a urinal with a circus mirror for a backdrop? Makes everything look bigger...;)

I work for a plumbing wholesaler and you shouldn't have any problems matching a 1.5 gpf valve up with a 1.0 gpf urinal. You'll get a little extra water when you flush but it won't be too crazy and it will drain. You can always change out the diaphragm in the flush valve if it's too much. A diaphragm shouldn't cost more then $15-20.
well aren't you about 2 hours late for your commission? :) thanks for the tip.

How put in a urinal with a circus mirror for a backdrop? Makes everything look bigger...;)

then my friends would never leave. Poor guys :D

just use 5/8 plywood from stud to stud as backing and the urinal wont go anywhere....unless the wall falls down

They got it hung today. I'm expecting it to be in service tomorrow or the next day when I get home from work.
IMG-20120416-00123.jpg

Latest posts

Back