To keg or not to keg that is the qestion.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_HOP_GA

Reaction score
I am finishing up a brew and I want a keg but I also want some bottles. If I bottle with the keg will I still need to wait for the best taste or is the wait after bottling simply for co2?

You can bottle using carb tabs. Rack some beer into the bottles before racking to the keg. Or you can bottle after kegging using this method.... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

EDIT: I guess I'm confused what the question is. After kegging my beer is normally ready within 4-5 days and it tastes great. Conditioning in the bottles is mainly for carbonation, and yeast continues to clean up off flavors.

Your beer will still be green if you force carb. It is still best to wait the the 3 weeks after kegging for conditioning.

Your beer will still be green if you force carb. It is still best to wait the the 3 weeks after kegging for conditioning.

This is (I think) actually one of the advantages of kegging. It might start off a little green, but you get to experience the beer at all stages as it conditions in the keg.

Back