Timing of Seasonal Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gridder

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their brewing schedule for seasonal beers. I am a food writer that focuses a lot on eating locally/ seasonally, so I love the idea of drinking seasonally appropriate beers -- but I need a better idea of what that might be. I live in the Northern latitudes. (Upper Midwest.)

So, for Spring?
For Summer? Maybe a Saison? (may be too advanced for me at this point.) Kolsch?

For Fall? Witbeer? Not sure. (Seems spicy.)

For Winter? I usually think Porters, etc.
Thanks!

It's not quite as important as with food but it's fun.

I always do something special for Christmas. This last year it was a Chocolate Hazelnut Porter and an English style winter warmer w/o the spices.

In the hot months I tend to do more pale beers with light body. IPA, Hefeweisse, Saison, Triple, etc...

In the cold months I do more dark beers with more malt finish and body, Porter, Dubbel, Weizenbock, Scotch Ale...

Some folks do pumpkin beer, apple wine, Octoberfest, etc...

But plan in advance. You can't start your christmas beer on December 15th and hope to drink it on christmas day.

Yes, I too would like to start a brew calender. I can do the calender myself but would like some interesting ideas for seasonals.

Back