Time to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylvan

Reaction score
Hi all- new here. I've been lurking for a while and have decided to finally post, with a rookie question...

My first cider has been in the primary for 23 days, with an OG of 1.060 and has finished at .997 using the red start champagne yeast. It cleared up quite nicely and tastes great. My intention is to have a dry cider. This seems ready to bottle so would it be fitting to prime this and get on with it? There doesn't seem to be any reason to let this sit any longer but I didn't want to jump the gun so i'm just looking for opinions on what to do next and of this will benefit from long term aging or turn vinegary. What do you think? Thanks!

Yep, no real need to let it sit longer unless it tastes funky. You'll probably get more out of letting it sit in bottles longer than letting it sit in bulk.

Great, thanks.

Suggestions for amount of priming sugar or priming at all for dry results?

I say 3-4 oz for 5 gals. I mixed the sugar in more apple juice with the one i primed. The priming sugar will not add to the sweetness. its just such a small amount that the end product will still be dry

Latest posts

Back