Time Lapse video of Fermentation, by Me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RighteousFire

Reaction score
1 Packet of Nottingham in 5.25 gallons @ 1.048

Was still going strong after 4 days.

Please watch and leave comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I'm going to set up an experiment for the next one involving multiple carboys. One with dry yeast sprinkled directly on. One with dry yeast rehydrated per instructions. And one with dry yeast rehydrated and left to cool down by itself.

I love it! That's very cool; something I'd like to try eventually.

I'm assuming you're doing the yeast experiment in response to the latest BYO/BB collaborative experiment request?

Interesting video (one of the few beer related ones that I actually was able to watch).

Did you have the light come on only when the image was taken?

Awesome man! I want to make a time lapse from grain crush/stater to glass.

A modest suggestion: next time you do one, place a clock in frame. It's fun to see the progression in context of time.

Here's a time lapse a made a couple months ago. Carbing the beer right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samc,

The lights were on constantly. It's all indirect light, non fluorescent. Might be able to work that out. I'd have to do some research.

Kevmo,

I should have put a time stamp on the frames, but I didn't cuz I'm dumb.

Nice video! What camera/mode did you use? I used a webcam attached to my laptop.

Nice video! What camera/mode did you use? I used a webcam attached to my laptop.

I borrowed a friend's Nikon D80 and used a free mac program called Sofortbild. I really wanted to get the fermentation on camera but since it wasn't my camera I was worried about condensation in the freezer. Did your camera stay dry?

Awesome vid and great song :)

How big is your carboy? 6 Gal? I was hoping to see some action in the blow off tube. :)

Very cool. That is one thing I miss fermenting in kegs is not being able to watch the show. Nice to see it happen in time lapse. :mug:

I borrowed a friend's Nikon D80 and used a free mac program called Sofortbild. I really wanted to get the fermentation on camera but since it wasn't my camera I was worried about condensation in the freezer. Did your camera stay dry?

It seemed to. It's pretty humid here in NC so I tried to limit the opening to only a couple times a day.

Awesome vid and great song :)

How big is your carboy? 6 Gal? I was hoping to see some action in the blow off tube. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a 6 gal. Better Bottle. I thought it was going to get that excited as well but alas, no blow off.

Back