Cream Ale Timberlake Brew House Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hio3791

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Safale S04
Yeast Starter
NA
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
NA
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 days at 60F
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
NA
Additional Fermentation
Cold crashed then kegged
Tasting Notes
Fantastic summer quencher, light maltiness, subtle sweetness from the flaked corn.
This is a Cream Ale recipe that I've tweaked over the years. It's our favorite beer, friends who've tried it love it.

This is for an 11 gallon batch:

14 lb Pale Malt (2 Row)
2 lb Flaked Corn
1 lb Flaked Barley
1 lb Vienna Malt

Mash at 152F for 60 min.

1.0 oz Sterling 45 min
1.0 oz Sterling 15 min

I've used US05 and S04, both with great results. The key is to ferment on the low side. I prefer 60F. That gives this beer a clean, crisp flavor. I used to make it with Carapils instead of Vienna but I found Vienna gives it just that hint of maltiness that I like.

nice :) looks like a good recipe

do you find that the US05 gives you any peachy flavor at 60 degrees?

I just did a couple of batches of cream ale with all Vienna as the base malt I use 4 pounds of corn meal and a 1 1/2 pound of minute rice for a 11.5 gallon batch

I will have to give yours a try, thanks for posting it

S_M

At that temperature, US05 is very clean. I brew mainly APAs so I've used this strain, exclusively, for years. In the past year, I've started using S04 and it's becoming my new favorite yeast. Much more neutral than US05, ferments very fast and cleans up quick.

If you make this recipe, please share your findings! Thanks!

If you make this recipe, please share your findings! Thanks!

I will I may try it with 04 as I have a couple packs I need to use, I use 05 also all the time for almost everything

I brew most of the time on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I work from home those days so it's like I get paid to brew

also most of the time I just top crop my yeast from one fermenter to the other

I use it at 64 degrees

all the best

Back