Tilt Storage Rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they need to be stored upright? If not, you could lay them down inside a rubbermaid-type of tray or bin.
They turn off when upright. Storing horizontally may discharge the battery. Never tried it.

I have a tilt hydrometer. It shuts off when you store it either upright OR horizontally.
Ok. Cool. I didn’t get that when I read the documentation. I wonder how far off of dead level you’d have to go before it turns on.

Ok. Cool. I didn’t get that when I read the documentation. I wonder how far off of dead level you’d have to go before it turns on.

That's a good point. I've been wondering about that as well and I've run some basic experiments to confirm the hydrometer shuts off on a flat surface. But how flat is considered flat enough, that's the question.

I "think" if stored horizontally they turn on if they roll based on some random data points I've seen in the past which is why I no longer keep them in a drawer. Trying to keep wood out of my brewing area but now that you say that I have some scraps of PVC 1x4.

I don’t know maybe put it back in the box and put it on the shelf. We do we as home brewers over complicate the simple stuff.

True but there's a ton of 3d-printed stuff out there that's dirt cheap on eBay, etsy, etc. Just haven't found any of these and thought maybe someone had seen one.

Are you looking for a design, or are you looking for someone to print that for you?

I made one to hold my Tilts in an "on" position on my workbench, I don't think that's what you are looking for:

1608480682342.png

I was looking for one to buy but digging out some Christmas stuff for my wife a little bit ago I stumbled across a hunk of PVC conduit. Problem solved. Just super-glued together and tacked it to the metal shelf with some super glue so it can't get knocked off but still should be removable if I want to change something down the road.

20201220_162511444_iOS.jpg

Fast forward a couple weeks. I broke down and bought a 3D printer and couldn't resist making something more along the lines of what I envisioned.
.View attachment 715755
I have 4 tilts and always worry I’m going to knock em over when I’m not using them. I’d pay for 1 of these and shipping. Shoot me a message and let me know if you want to do that.

Back