Tide Oxi - Ingredient List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
I did a search for Tide Oxi on this forum without any luck so I'm passing on the info to you.

In the Oxiclean section, you'll find this giant container a great value (about double the volume at about $10). It's got a great big label that wants you to "Compare to Oxiclean" but doesn't offer any ingredient label.

Well, here is the info right from the manufacturer.

So far it behaves just fine (I haven't tried it on label removal yet), but unfortunetly is very fragrant. Might be worth the $10, especially if you use it for laundry as well...

Tide OXI
For more information on Tide products, please visit www.tide.com.
Ingredients & Purpose
sodium bicarbonate alkalinity/builder
sodium carbonate removes water hardness
sodium percarbonate oxygen bleach
alcohol ethoxylate surfactant
sodium chloride alkalinity/builder
maleic/acrylic copolymer stabilizer
nonanoyloxy benzene sulfonate bleach activator
colorant aesthetics
diethylenetriamine pentaacetate, sodium salt chelant
hydrated aluminosilicate (zeolite) processing aid
perfume oil fragrance
polyethylene glycol processing aid
sodium alkylbenzene sulfonate surfactant
sodium palmitate surfactant
starch perfume carrier
water processing aid

View attachment PID - Tide OXI.pdf

TideOxi_Tub.jpg

I didn't have much luck with it for label remover. It would soften them up yes, but I'm too lazy for all that. Hot water, couple of scoops in drum, 30ish minutes the labels float to the top.

Also, I noticed that the tide oxy did not remove the leftover gunk in the bottom of the bottles like oxi clean does.

Lastly, the fragrance perfumes were very heavy. A quick bleach bath kills that, but that's one more step added to a process I already despise.

Just my $.02

the reason you never found anything about the Tide product, is probably because nobody uses it. Why would anyone want their bottles to smell like clean underwear?

Back