Three Sixers in a Keezer? (and intro)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauljmccain

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post here, been reading a long time though. Lots of great information!

I turned 21 a month ago and immediately commandeered my family's minifridge for a makeshift kegerator. It was inspired by a trip to vegas where I picked up a Warsteiner tower from Gold and Silver Pawn (Pawn Stars on History Channel). I have to make sure it works, right?

ay1t6x.jpg

Anyway, the tower has three taps, and I'm quickly growing tired of one keg at a time in the minifridge. As a 21 year old, living in an apartment most of the year, I don't have the space to do any brewing, so I am currently working with sixers. I plan on making a keezer with hang-off collar for the tower. But I first need to know...

Does anyone know if there is a 6-8 cu. ft. keezer that will fit 3 sixers?

I know the corneys are close to sixers, but I don't want to go get one off craisglist to find out it doesn't fit!

Thanks guys! :mug:

im not sure of the exact measurements but im sure a small freezer would hold three and the co2 no problem, look throught some of the small keezer builds for ideas, and measure your sixth barrel keg and do the calculations to see how big a freezer you will need and measure it out before you buy a freezer.... cool tower by the way. mind sharing what it cost?

Thanks, I suppose I'll get to calculating! Just was wondering if anyone knows offhand for the more common ones- frigidaire, GE, etc

As for the tower, I think I got it for a steal, not sure though... $200 out the door. I've only been able to find one other online in the US, without original faucets it's listed for $500. The others I've found online are all being sold from Europe and are around $600 US.

$200 for that thing is awesome.

As for fitting the sixers. Cut 3 circles out of cardboard the same diameter as a sixer then take them to the store and put them in the fridge. I think you will be able to fit them.

Based on my 9.25" circles, I know that 3 sixths will NOT fit in the Fridgidaire 7.2 unless you put a tall collar on it so that you can put one on the compressor hump.

Very cool tower ... Good luck with your build!

As for fitting the sixers. Cut 3 circles out of cardboard the same diameter as a sixer then take them to the store and put them in the fridge. I think you will be able to fit them.

+1. This is exactly how I figured out how many corny's will fit in a rear projection CRT TV...

I know the corneys are close to sixers, but I don't want to go get one off craisglist to find out it doesn't fit!

My local brewery used converted Ball Lock and Pin lick kegs as 6ers which are shorter.
I can fit 3 (Mabye a 4th) 6er in my magic chef 7.2cf chest freezer. However, I had to spend $40 for the low profile sanke D coupler or build a collar.

Last edited by a moderator:

My local brewery used converted Ball Lock and Pin lick kegs as 6ers which are shorter.
I can fit 3 (Mabye a 4th) 6er in my magic chef 7.2cf chest freezer. However, I had to spend $40 for the low profile sanke D coupler or build a collar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! That's the info I'm looking for, I will have a collar so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, just ordered a HB kit... couldn't resist... so it might be cornys instead now! Haha.

Back