Thoughts on TrueBrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeyakid

Reaction score
Hey guys,
first off sorry if somebody already made a post about this, i tryed looking this up but couldn't find anything.

This is going to be the first time i'm brewing beer and i heard about this brew kit called True Brew. I wanted to now if this was a good brand and good to start off with. I know alot of people say Mr.Beer but me and 5 other friends are chipping in to buy it, so my thought process is that we would need 5 gallons as opposed to 2. Also i thought we'd be able to figure out it bewteen the 6 of us...but anyway...

how is the ease of use for this product?
does it make quality beer?
are the flavors they offer good?
Does it provide a good and fun brewing experience?
is it worth the money?

also if someone could give me a website to a brewing handbook that would be great!

thanks guys/girls!

I had some free points on amazon and purchased a kit, I did extract/partial mash for 6 or so years before hopping into all grain and then taking a break from brewing. So ease of use kinda depends on how much prior experience, but yeah a beginner should be able to pull this off without too much trouble. If I remember the kit came with basic instructions but you should do some extra reading here and palmers online tutorial.

The kit made excellent beer, in a way, the ease of use and out come of product did make me wanna keep some extract on hand for times I wanna brew but not go thru the extra work of mashing.

How much fun your going to have is up to you and how prepared you are.

I feel like it was worth the points I spent on it, would I buy another, mmmmmaybe, I would probably buy a locally made kit from my homebrew shop.

Whatever you do, purchase an extra sachet of dry yeast to have as back up....Good luck!

I believe what you are talking about is just the ingredient kit, correct? If so you will still need equipment. Stock pot(s), fermenter (bucket/carboy), bottles, caps, capper, etc... This is basicaly how many of us started out. A few pieces of equipment, an ingredient kit and hopefully some patience.

Let us know if it is only the ingredient kit and what equipment you may already have and we can have a discussion about what else you'll need.

And +1 to looking over Palmer's online version of How to Brew . Some things have changed slightly in later editions but it gives you a good start on understanding homebrewing processes.

well there is actually a true brew kit that comes with everything you need im pretty sure, but the ingredients. Then they have ingredient kits sold separately. i know they make a kit because one of my family members have one.

heres the link does it have everything i need to start (besides ingredients i mean)

Brew Horizons - TRUE BREW Maestro Home Brew Beer Equipment Starter Kit

well there is actually a true brew kit that comes with everything you need im pretty sure, but the ingredients. Then they have ingredient kits sold separately. i know they make a kit because one of my family members have one.

heres the link does it have everything i need to start (besides ingredients i mean)

Brew Horizons - TRUE BREW Maestro Home Brew Beer Equipment Starter Kit

Aha... I see. Sweet. Looks like you just need a pot and some ingredients and you'll be all set for some extract or partial mash brews. :mug:

Everything you need to know for free! A great resource:

How to Brew - By John Palmer

Consider purchasing your next ingredient kit from Tuxedo Park Brewers if you don't have a good local source for custom kits. You never know how long that True Brew stuff has been in there, so consider getting fresher ingredients next time!

Happy Brewing!

Jason
Tuxedo Park Brewers Supply
Indianapolis, IN
[email protected]

Back