Thoughts on high level eBIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The overview: I am an all-grain brewer that does 10 gallon batches using 2 kegs and a cooler. The keggles are heated via propane. I currently fly sparge, have a RIMS tube for mashing, a trub filter, immersion chiller, and oxygenation tube, 2 pumps, and PID control panel for pumps and RIMS. I am looking to make my brew day shorter, have less equipment to clean once done, and to increase variations of beers on tap at all times.

Here is the concept. I want to scale down to 5 gallon batches. Highlights are: Bottom drain keggle, all Tri-clamp and welded fittings for additional CIP solution at a later date, hard plumbed, recirculating RIMS mash, no sparge, electrical kettle, 2 and 3 way valves, trub filter, immersion chiller, whirlpool.

I pretty much have everything I need minus the 3-way valves, some Tri clamp tubing, and smaller dedicated stand. In fact, I will be selling my 3 vessel setup with some other quick disconnects (not tri clamp like it is now) to help fund some of the changes or possibly purchase new slim quarter kegs as I ferment is 15 gallon kegs under pressure. A second chest freezer for layering may be in there too.

The thought would be to also bring it indoors in the basement.

Thoughts?

10968228_10206077917726294_7440515631895110963_n.jpg

Back