Thoughts on a braggot recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_merryk_hunt

Reaction score
I have a few meads almost ready to bottle, and was thinking about doing a wheat braggot for my next test batch. Looking for some input on a recipe I've been tinkering with. Looking for something simple, but with some depth of flavor and body. Extract preferred, maybe some steeping, as I do not have the space and/or equipment for grain brewing.

Aiming for ~1 gallon bottling volume.

Current recipe idea:
1Lb wheat LME (LHBS sells a wheat extract that is a blend of 65% wheat, and 35% 2-row barley)
1Lb honey
??oz lemon drop or sorachi ace hops (going with citrus/fruity profiles, due to how well that works with wheat beers)
Safale US-05 (going for more like a neutral-ish american wheat profile, not hefeweisen)

Estimated OG: 1.074
Estimated FG: 1.007
Estimated ABV: 9.01%
Shooting for about 15-20ibu

Have already posted this under the mead section but with braggot basically being a cross between beer and mead, figured I'd try getting some input under the beer section of the forum.
Screenshot_2019-02-08-21-40-26.jpeg

Last edited:
Back