Third batch, first boil over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtinker00

Reaction score
Wow just like it says at the title and I'll I can say is im a jacka$$. Who else has done this great mistake? My stove is a mess! Hope my wife has fun scrubbing that tomorrow hah

Had my first boil over yesterday. 2nd batch. Happened on late DME addition. I got it up fast, had to buy new drip pans for 2 burners.

I have all that but it's 10 degrees out side with a windchill of below zero and no garage. Kitchen it is

I'm on my 6th batch and have had 2 boil-overs. It's definitely messy, so that's why I brew in the garage. Just grab the water hose and wash it down the driveway. I started adding the hops slower (versus dumping them all at once) and that has helped. Also a spray bottle will help.

LOL i actually made a post about this yesterday. Exactly what happened to you. 3rd batch, 1st boil over... and i have a 30qt turkey fryer. Just threw the lid on to bring to a boil and the one time i took my eyes off of it.... psssshhhhh! charred wort.. mmmmmmm

Back