The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to subscribe so that I can find this later..

I'm having trouble getting mine designed but all I had was a hand drawing and I seen it made it harder for you guys to fix so ill have to try to draw something up on the computer...

In case anyone wants to try it with no artwork to go off of my basic thought is..

Brewery name: Flowerfield Brewery

Desired design: neck label logo with a field of barley on rolling hills and close to the "camera" or point of view just taller than the barley a flower stem similar to a tulip and instead of a flower on top a hop cone is there and in the blue sky at the upper right of the image a cloud in the shape of the Tigers "D"

I am not set on this its just one design I came up with ultimately I want it to be known its a brewery logo, on a neck wrap and incorporate the location both country/rural setting of flowerfield township and definitely being a Michigan beer...I'm proud of the Michigan beer scene so that's important...

I'll try to post some rough ideas soon...I did see one earlier in this thread I thought was close ill post the pic below

This one has the general "feel" I'm looking for

1414468015754.jpg

Just wanted to subscribe so that I can find this later..

I'm having trouble getting mine designed but all I had was a hand drawing and I seen it made it harder for you guys to fix so ill have to try to draw something up on the computer...

In case anyone wants to try it with no artwork to go off of my basic thought is..

Brewery name: Flowerfield Brewery

Desired design: neck label logo with a field of barley on rolling hills and close to the "camera" or point of view just taller than the barley a flower stem similar to a tulip and instead of a flower on top a hop cone is there and in the blue sky at the upper right of the image a cloud in the shape of the Tigers "D"

I am not set on this its just one design I came up with ultimately I want it to be known its a brewery logo, on a neck wrap and incorporate the location both country/rural setting of flowerfield township and definitely being a Michigan beer...I'm proud of the Michigan beer scene so that's important...

I'll try to post some rough ideas soon...I did see one earlier in this thread I thought was close ill post the pic below

Well beyond my abilities but here is a neck label template for some artistic person to use.

Neck1 label copy.jpg

Necklabelpage.jpg

Awesome! I don't know the final ABV, but here is a general idea of how I'd like the stout label to look. I might play with the font of the text I added to make it a little less generic. I've read that Helvetica is close to what you see on Warning and Danger signs, but my version of MS Paint doesn't have it.

Mint Chocolate Stout.jpg

I don't have a beer name or anything but here is 1 you can put the particulars in yourself.
And 1 with no fonts at all.

Jinks,

I like that, and i really like the font too..now if you can put that into a circle logo thatll be sweet.

Kinda like this style, but black. Something along those lines.

1414526804769.jpg

Awesome! I don't know the final ABV, but here is a general idea of how I'd like the stout label to look. I might play with the font of the text I added to make it a little less generic. I've read that Helvetica is close to what you see on Warning and Danger signs, but my version of MS Paint doesn't have it.

Looks good.

Jinks,

I like that, and i really like the font too..now if you can put that into a circle logo thatll be sweet.

Kinda like this style, but black. Something along those lines.

Here Ya Go font is called "new brilliant" if you need to know
1 with your ring colored and 1 with a ring I found on google

Lionfish.jpg

Lionfish1.jpg

Here Ya Go font is called "new brilliant" if you need to know

Man, that looks good! I think a few more tweaks and its good to go. Can u make the word "company" smaller than the word brewing? Also, maybe a different color in the center...not sure if im feelin the purpley nlue lol

I hope im not being a pain in the ass here...but one last thing. Can you keep all the work you did but put in my original font? I wanna compare the two side by side.

I hope im not being a pain in the ass here...but one last thing. Can you keep all the work you did but put in my original font? I wanna compare the two side by side.

I cant find a font like yours in my list but here is a blank you can type in yourself.

Fishlabelnofont copy.jpg

quick color change

@JINKS - Hi, Jinks - I was wondering if you would mind taking this label with the river:

231358d1414127549-well-fix-your-label-you-thread-timekiller.jpg

And applying the green background shown here (no text):

231360d1414128945-well-fix-your-label-you-thread-timekiller1.jpg

This way, I could have a "blank" label for both fall/winter beers with the brown/feild label (which I already have) and also spring/summer beers (with the green/river label).

Many thanks!

Ron

Wow! Some of these labels are really good!
This is definitely one thing I suck at. I usually mark my bottle caps with a few letters to indicate what's inside and usually don't bother removing labels because I often don't get my bottles back.

Would definitely like a tutorial on all steps involved in how to design labels. I'm not incredibly creative though, and often have a hard time even thinking up a name. Lately I've tried to include "dick" in the name as an inappropriate humor reference to my beer: for instance a stout beer I brewed I called it black dick, a bass clone called British dick, etc. maybe I could come up with some cartoonish face or caricature of myself on the label as a British guy or something similar to what Jester King does on some of their beers.

No idea where to begin on such an effort though.

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Anyone interested in helping me design a template for a label? What I'm looking for is something similar to the attachment, but it should say 'DANGER' and the picture should be a pint glass instead of the radiation symbol. There should then be enough clear space for me to include the name of the beer, eg Toxic Spill Stout and below that it should say Beerscooter Brewing. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414791332.131271.jpg

I'd like the pint glass to be in the same style as the radiation symbol, basically I want my labels to look like warning signs

@JINKS - Hi, Jinks - I was wondering if you would mind taking this label with the river:

231358d1414127549-well-fix-your-label-you-thread-timekiller.jpg

231360d1414128945-well-fix-your-label-you-thread-timekiller1.jpg

This way, I could have a "blank" label for both fall/winter beers with the brown/feild label (which I already have) and also spring/summer beers (with the green/river label).

Many thanks!

Ron

Here ya go.

Timekiller1 copy.jpg

Many thanks!

Ron

Just because I can't leave well enough alone

TImekiller2.jpg

This is definitely one thing I suck at. I usually mark my bottle caps with a few letters to indicate what's inside and usually don't bother removing labels because I often don't get my bottles back.

Would definitely like a tutorial on all steps involved in how to design labels. I'm not incredibly creative though, and often have a hard time even thinking up a name. Lately I've tried to include "dick" in the name as an inappropriate humor reference to my beer: for instance a stout beer I brewed I called it black dick, a bass clone called British dick, etc. maybe I could come up with some cartoonish face or caricature of myself on the label as a British guy or something similar to what Jester King does on some of their beers.

TD

This is where I got started.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/beer-labelizer-label-generator-180409/

TD

Thrown together on beer labelizer in like 5 min.

dicktater.jpg

Just because I can't leave well enough alone

This is great - thanks! I can use it for specialty projects and so forth - for instance, I'm starting some cider, and this will make a great label for it.

One thing: On the page with the neck labels, it looks like the "bottom" two labels are cut off. This is NOT a big deal, because my (1-gallon) batches are 10 at a time, but wanted to make you aware in case you make neck labels for others, who might brew in larger volume.

@JINKS, I can't thank you enough for your help - this is really good stuff!

Ron

This is great - thanks! I can use it for specialty projects and so forth - for instance, I'm starting some cider, and this will make a great label for it.

One thing: On the page with the neck labels, it looks like the "bottom" two labels are cut off. This is NOT a big deal, because my (1-gallon) batches are 10 at a time, but wanted to make you aware in case you make neck labels for others, who might brew in larger volume.

@JINKS, I can't thank you enough for your help - this is really good stuff!

Ron

Yea by the time I saw that I had already deleted the original, Just a bad cut and save on my part.

Tomorrow evening, hopefully with a deer hanging in the shed, but the tasting is happening with or without the deer....lol Six weeks is a long time to wait!

Tomorrow evening, hopefully with a deer hanging in the shed, but the tasting is happening with or without the deer....lol Six weeks is a long time to wait!

Was working on something for my brand style label and I thought it might work for you too. Added some fish.
Use or discard your choice.

Blue.jpg

ok, for this next lable, all I have is an idea, and some very basic graphics.

Need a lable kinda "Viking" the graphice below is the basic direction I would like to go.
The issue is, the actual Viking graphic I will use is a copyrighted by the company I brewed the beer for.

So, with that being said, if any one can help out in any way, that will be super

WiP.png

ok, for this next lable, all I have is an idea, and some very basic graphics.

Need a lable kinda "Viking" the graphice below is the basic direction I would like to go.
The issue is, the actual Viking graphic I will use is a copyrighted by the company I brewed the beer for.

So, with that being said, if any one can help out in any way, that will be super

Are you more interested in the viking or a viking coat of arms? What is it you like about it and does it mean anything to you or just look cool?

The Viking is the most important. The one I posted is not the real one I am going to need to use. But a Viking head is the logo mascot for the gym I brewed the beer for. I have been asked not to put their graphic up on the web. Hope you understand.

But in the end it is about looking cool lol

Ah I got ya, misunderstood. Thought you wanted something similar. Email me the info and I'll put something together for you.

Back