The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that was an interesting episode. First, a joke I read on Twitter: "Jesus walked in on Rick and Michonne because he thought he heard someone calling his name." Jokes and cheering aside, there was a fairly large time gap between the midseason premier and this episode, at least a month or two. Jesus seems like he's going to be a big deal, which I've been told he is in the comics, anybody that can nearly beat Rick and Daryl in a fist fight has gotta be pretty good. I like the idea of Michonne becoming more of a leader in Alexandria, and helping Aiden work through his understandable grief was a pretty nice moment. And of course, that pack of mints, more evidence that candy is the work of the devil. ;)

After the constant action in the mid-season premiere, I knew the follow-up was going to feel maybe not like a let-down, but a slow-down. And it was: not a bad episode, but a necessary move beyond last week's bloodshed to progress with the plot. I'm interested to see where things go with Jesus. I know he's a major character in the comics, and he definitely seems like he has the street smarts to be a valuable addition to the group.

Blood Eagle - Vikings... takes the best episode of any show ever in the world.

That was my "Top Episode" of any TV Show until last weeks walking dead ;)

And by all means and by as much as I have a major Crush on Daryl Dixon... Ragnar and Lagertha beat all of the TWD Charakters in Terms of "Bad Ass" by far...

so yeah... Vikings rates above TWD in my Universe.

my favorite scene ever... Lagerthas blood splattered, unmoved face when throwing Einars private parts into the dirt.

Idiots! Okay. Maybe this Jesus guy works out, but you don't go screwimg around playing chase the chicken with a truck full of supplies.

The scene isn't so bad if you imagine the Benny Hill theme playing during the chase. Then you just laugh at how ridiculous it is that the Jesus guy escaped from being tied up with rope, and climbed onto the top of a what, 13' high truck without assistance or ladder in maybe 10-15 seconds...

The scene isn't so bad if you imagine the Benny Hill theme playing during the chase. Then you just laugh at how ridiculous it is that the Jesus guy escaped from being tied up with rope, and climbed onto the top of a what, 13' high truck without assistance or ladder in maybe 10-15 seconds...

Well if a rock covered cave can't hold him in, then I wouldn't have trusted some loosely tied ropes.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUkYepOl0Jg[/ame]

It was a little goofy because usually the Walking Dead is all doom and gloom, i think. In another TV show that would seem pretty normal. But I'm well aware that it won't last, that it's just a setup to move on towards the next disaster. Still a good episode I think, and hey, that Richonne relationship everyone was gunning for happened!

Here's the part I don't get. They're in Alexandria, I presume Virginia, as they were originally heading to DC. Have you guys ever been there? It's built up, yet, in the show they roam around in the wild like Alexandria is some rural little town in the middle of nowhere.

I grew up in Alexandria (not the City of, but the Fairfax County part of Alexandria). mostly suburban, but there are plenty of areas where you would think you were in the middle of nowhere

even inside DC, Rock Creek Park is very woody & rural. first time I drove through it I thought I could have been in Nowhere, Virginia

and this might belong in the "Epic Picture/Meme" thread, but it works here too

on the wall in my Media Room

554.jpg

I grew up in Alexandria (not the City of, but the Fairfax County part of Alexandria). mostly suburban, but there are plenty of areas where you would think you were in the middle of nowhere

even inside DC, Rock Creek Park is very woody & rural. first time I drove through it I thought I could have been in Nowhere, Virginia

I always assumed that the little development they are in was called Alexandria...

I'm not going to go back and watch the episode again, so maybe this was addressed, but why did they leave the car when they found the truck? Does Daryl not drive things with more than 2 wheels?

I'm not going to go back and watch the episode again, so maybe this was addressed, but why did they leave the car when they found the truck? Does Daryl not drive things with more than 2 wheels?

That's actually a damn good question.

I know Rick says "we'll come back for it" or something like that, but why? Why make another trip out there?

I was thinking when they first set out, they should be bringing some shiny Alexandrians out for real-world training.

3 heads are better than 2

I always assumed that the little development they are in was called Alexandria...

Technically I think their development is supposed to be on the outskirts of Alexandria, one of those planned suburbs that are so popular now. That said, Alexandria proper may be well developed but not far from Alexandria is a lot of backwoods and a handful of farms in real life. Of course, it's TV and they're actually still filming in Georgia so..suspend disbelief I guess.

As far as the car, security maybe? That way if something goes wrong the driver isn't stuck trying to drive and fight off raiders/zombies/squirrels. Come back out with more people to retrieve the car and do some more scavenging the next day.

...why did they leave the car when they found the truck? Does Daryl not drive things with more than 2 wheels?

Well you see, ever since Jessie died, Rick's been a mite...lonely.

You see how he tricked Darryl into riding shotgun in the truck, to open Rick's Kit-Kats and pop--you know, flirty stuff.

Then Rick's attentions turn to Jesus, and Daryl gets just a little jealous about that. Until they team up in a little three-way Jesus bondage.

But then of course Rick hooks up with Michonne.

So the moral of the story is: Rick's gettin' hisself some, one way or t'other.

Well you see, ever since Jessie died, Rick's been a mite...lonely.

You see how he tricked Darryl into riding shotgun in the truck, to open Rick's Kit-Kats and pop--you know, flirty stuff.

Then Rick's attentions turn to Jesus, and Daryl gets just a little jealous about that. Until they team up in a little three-way Jesus bondage.

But then of course Rick hooks up with Michonne.

So the moral of the story is: Rick's gettin' hisself some, one way or t'other.

There is so much of this that I want to be true.

One day Carl walks in on Rick and Darryl and Rick looks at Carl "What? I just need some lovin".

An interesting episode that mostly sets us up for future episodes/problems. A few observations:

-Abraham needs to stop being so obsessed with Sasha. A lot of the episode seemed to focus on Abraham and his desires, of particular note is the fact that the necklace Rosita made him was left on the ground after the fight on The Hilltop.

-Carl is surprisingly okay with his dad having sex with Michonne...but good for him for being practical.

-How is the Hilltop still functioning? I mean seriously, those spears won't keep the undead out of your little camp. Not to mention that Gregory is a complete idiot. Jesus is the only reason that place stays functional. I see a merger coming, personally.

-Maggie is an excellent negotiator, and I think that's her "new role" with the group. Not only did she tell Gregory to go screw himself when necessary, she also saw when to negotiate from a position of strength.

-Negan is now the primary enemy of both The Hilltop and Alexandria...but do they have the manpower to take on a group of 20+ heavily armed bikers?

-A little nitpicking here, if Rick stabbed a guy with a knife at his throat while that guy is on top of him, the man's weight and gravity would have pressed the knife downward into Rick's throat, making Rick very dead.

A good episode. Mercenaries, now. Plot options, more weird survivors.
Anyone wonder why the zombies at the lake/truck drowning last week were tied?

And why after being tied days, weeks, months broke free as soon as Rick was there!

"A little nitpicking here, if Rick stabbed a guy with a knife at his throat while that guy is on top of him, the man's weight and gravity would have pressed the knife downward into Rick's throat, making Rick very dead"
Maybe. I have unfortunately seen many people dead or dying. Most of those died violently. Some twitch or thrash, others collapse, sometimes slowly. Sorry if that sounds like a "well, actually". :)
I'm bothered by the group's continuing naivety. They all went together in one vehicle with "Jesus", then walked into the unknown camp, leaving the RV door open. Now on short exposure to a strange (really strange) group, they sign on to fight. Tactics, anyone?

Anyone wonder why the zombies at the lake/truck drowning last week were tied?

Yeah, I was wondering why that was never explained, but then again, we do occasionally see walkers caught in traps. Seems weird out in the middle of nowhere, though.

-How is the Hilltop still functioning? I mean seriously, those spears won't keep the undead out of your little camp. Not to mention that Gregory is a complete idiot. Jesus is the only reason that place stays functional. I see a merger coming, personally.

While watching, I assumed that was part of the protection deal with Negan: not only will we not kill you, but we'll keep you safe from the walkers as well. But then, that doesn't make much sense. The Saviors are obviously in the bargaining position; it would be just as easy for them to let Hilltop get wiped, then help themselves to the spoils. Plus, they don't appear to be so close as to swoop in and save the settlement whenever trouble appears.

There did appear to be some decent-sized gaps in the wall. Maybe they can poke the spears through to take out small groups of walkers, and they just haven't run into anything like the herd that attacked Alexandria.

I see the Saviors running an old style protection racket. They don't provide any service, just extort goods. They probably don't want the Hilltop to fail, then the farm would stop producing. It kind of reminds me of the dystopian future in The Time Machine. Except without cannibalism, though we already saw that at Terminus.

Set up for some deaths pretty soon. Abe or sasha? Or perhaps his girlfriend, since losing the necklace looked symbolic.
At least they picked up the walking dead equivalent of a star trek red shirt (hostage guy's brother that we don't care about) to kill off violently.

That last episode just felt kind of weird to me.

Not a lot of zombie-slaying, instead they tried to fill the void with some attempts at "acting" and "emoting" and "connecting" and whatnot, and for the most part I didn't think the cast was very good at it.

And no crazy Carol doing crazy Carol type stuff. WTF?

That last episode just felt kind of weird to me.

Not a lot of zombie-slaying, instead they tried to fill the void with some attempts at "acting" and "emoting" and "connecting" and whatnot, and for the most part I didn't think the cast was very good at it.

And no crazy Carol doing crazy Carol type stuff. WTF?

That's precisely why we didn't see Carol, she's off doing crazy Carol stuff already.

I really don't know how I feel about the last 2 episodes. They just don't seem to mesh with the rest of the season. It's almost like they had this big idea of where they were going up until the Alexandria rumble then they ran out of ideas and started winging it.

I really don't know how I feel about the last 2 episodes. They just don't seem to mesh with the rest of the season. It's almost like they had this big idea of where they were going up until the Alexandria rumble then they ran out of ideas and started winging it.

They are just transitioning into the next villain de jour (which is getting kind of old, imo)

When are they going to find a colony with real scientists actually working on a solution instead of plain old post apocalyptic survival (demonstrating zero bushcraft even)?

Back