The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its also been said that rick wants to leave. he feels this role is going to type cast him in to "rick" for ever. who knows tho.

its also been said that rick wants to leave. he feels this role is going to type cast him in to "rick" for ever. who knows tho.

I wouldn't be disappointed if rick got killed off. I liked his character in season 1 and the beginning of season 3. He is really getting on my nerves now.

I think the writing has just been poor when it comes to the characters. It doesn't help that the producers keep changing the writing team. If they kept the team from season 1 and kept the show at 6 episodes per season, it may have made the show five times better.

Look at all the people in here who are better at making shows than the folks creating Walking Dead. I can't wait to see your pilot!

Maggie got banged...and I'm ok with that. You should be too

This episode was a terrible disappointment.

You can't trust The Governor. Ever. For anything. (A drunk tearing up my lawn.............. great cop line!)

I love the fact they kicked Andrea out.............................. they both know she's a hooker.

Micheonne may have a surprise for anyone trying to dis her. Ask Merl or Rick's son, Carl.

Think....................... a covert op with a Ninja & a Redneck??!!!

I think the writing has just been poor when it comes to the characters. It doesn't help that the producers keep changing the writing team. If they kept the team from season 1 and kept the show at 6 episodes per season, it may have made the show five times better.

Very true. I'm ok with how they're doing the show but I think doing it in short bursts and story arcs would create much less drag. But they're doing it for money as well.

What will be really interesting is to see if they have to really go way off the comics after this. Killing off Andrea or Rick would be that for sure and they could do that. I think so far they were able to sub in TV characters into the comic archetypes, but how long can they do that? Killing off one of the big 3 (Rick, Andrea, and Carl) would be a tough twist to bring it back to the general comic arc. I know I said comic too often, but I'm just using it as a context is necessary since in general the comics and show have been on the same basic arc. Sure there were changes and so on, but in general they've been the same.

think Glenn & Maggie are getting too close. when they were talking outside right before their garage floor session, I was thinking about Carol's chat with Axel right before he was shot by a sniper.

so, if anyone major dies, it will be Glenn or Maggie.

think Glenn & Maggie are getting too close. when they were talking outside right before their garage floor session, I was thinking about Carol's chat with Axel right before he was shot by a sniper.

so, if anyone major dies, it will be Glenn or Maggie.

Had that same thought. "Oooh, sniper gonna git one of y'all...." but no, they just went into their sex garage.

I then thought, "oooh, walkers gonna bite your nekkid butts..." but no, just sexiness.

Look at all the people in here who are better at making shows than the folks creating Walking Dead. I can't wait to see your pilot!

well, this is a sad argument... because I can't create a better show, I'm not allowed to criticize?

I don't have to be a better brewer than you to know if your beer sucks

GrogNerd said:
well, this is a sad argument... because I can't create a better show, I'm not allowed to criticize?

I don't have to be a better brewer than you to know if your beer sucks

Nope

cdubbaya said:
Get off the high horse, the writers were all fired after season 1. All went down hill from there.

http://screenrant.com/the-walking-dead-fires-writers-aco-89980/

I may not be able to make a better show than Walking Dead, but I can try, and get myself just as fired in the process.

I'm on a high horse? Holy ****! Who's the one criticizing every other scene? Super annoying. You do realize you don't have to watch the show right?

Pffft gtfo

I'm on a high horse? Holy ****! Who's the one criticizing every other scene? Super annoying. You do realize you don't have to watch the show right?

Pffft gtfo

you know what's the most annoying? people who criticize others for voicing their opinions

you do realize you don't have to read this thread, right?

g yourself tfo

Pffft gtfo

You have a point, BUT....we aren't discussing episode 1 of season 1. If we were, yes you nailed it. Don't watch.

Where you are missing the boat, is that we are 3 seasons in, and we WANT the show to be awesome. We have already watched 2.75 seasons and can not, without the aid of hypnosis, unsee it or stop caring.

Does every ESPN expert need to be able to slam dunk? NO.

Had that same thought. "Oooh, sniper gonna git one of y'all...." but no, they just went into their sex garage.

I then thought, "oooh, walkers gonna bite your nekkid butts..." but no, just sexiness.

Yeah, I really expected something bad to happen when they ditched guard duty to go bang. That being said, if they make Maggie get pregnant to rehash that plot device for next season, I might give up. :cross:

The real question here is, what does gtfo mean? Lol

Get the f*** out.

Micheonne may have a surprise for anyone trying to dis her. Ask Merl or Rick's son, Carl.

Think....................... a covert op with a Ninja & a Redneck??!!!

That moment, when Merle actually showed respect for her and wanted her to join him, was actually on of the coolest moments of the show. I thought for a moment that they were going to bang each other, right there.

They should rename the show Banging Amongst the Walking Dead. Viewership would skyrocket.

Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but that's a movie already.

You're thinking of Dead Girl. Pretty much the whole plot of the movie is about sex with a zombie. Not that great of a film, but decent gross-out factor for sure.

I can't believe this show has three more episodes this season. They'v been building up to the final showdown for too long already. Hopefully the last couple episodes are more encapsulated like 'Clear.' Also; Andrea is the worst. She has over taken Britta.

Dead Girl is an AWESOME movie!!!!!

You all are too squeamish, what are you doing watching a zombie show? Or was dude right and you are just here to complain?

Dead Girl is definitely a good genre movie. I'm just not that into the gross-out exploitation type stuff anymore.

If my avatar was not an indication, I am a huge fan of the Zombie sub-genre and horror in general. I love the Walking Dead. Sometimes I love to hate it too. If a show wasn't good it would not have passionate fans that sometimes get flustered when characters they love do things that don't make mush sense. Or when a show jumps around too much and waters down the plot of any given story line.

My biggest criticism of this show is that they sometimes have a hard time balancing all B and C stories in an episode along with the A plot. Most shows suffer from this problem from time to time including Lost and 24. What made last week's episode (Clear) so good is that it was a focused, driven narrative with a beginning, middle, and end. There was no smash cut to Woodburry to show Andrea being a whinny lump or a smash cut to the prison to show Glen huffing and puffing about getting revenge for his girlfriend.

:off: cheesy, that's awesome! My avatar pic came from the Chicago Zombie Prom from a couple years ago. That was a blast! I did the Zombie pub crawl in Minneapolis last fall and that was pretty wicked as well.

dudius, I thought Grand Rapids had some sort of Zombie pub crawl type event if I remember correctly. If not, you could spend a weekend in Chicago for Zombie Prom in a couple months.

I'll have to keep an eye out for those events. My town has a college but nothing special ever happens here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Living_Dead

On July 3, 1984 at 5:30PM EDT, at the Uneeda medical supply warehouse in Louisville, Kentucky, a foreman named Frank tries to impress the company's newest employee, Freddy, by showing him military drums that accidentally wound up in the basement of the building. The drum contains the remains of an army experiment gone wrong that inspired the film Night of the Living Dead.

This gives us a slight advantage....:drunk:

It is based on a true story, especially the part at the end when they nuked the city.

You realize that they created a show to discuss the show, right? Bitching, discussing and proselytizing is all par for the course, right?

Actually -- I love the people that ***** at the people who ***** about a show they're watching. It makes me feel less like a ****head for actually giving a damn -- it just means that there are people out there who are comfortable with downing rations of horse**** on a regular basis and, then, okay with chastising other folks when they say it burns.

For the record, anyone who says the dragging is out is a waste of film, Blue thinks you're crazy. The entire last episode was tense, as opposed to previous ones where boredom reigned (oh, it was so cute that Carl approved Michonnne, so cute). I know I'm prohibited about talking about the comic here, but just slow. the. hell. down. A very important plot point is being dragged out and intensified the way a comics strip (you know this wasn't originally a show, right?) could never do. In fact, I'm not sure any more which Governor I dislike more.

That's good, considering TV Governor never did X, Y or Z.

I'm still the ******* that is furious Dale died in such a pathetic fashion, and I love you. Trust me, the show writers are making something impossible outside a graphic novel, very, very watchable.

Oh, and every time I hate on Andrea 'cause she sucks, I just think about the fact that Andrew Lincoln is English and MIND. IS. BLOWN. and I'm okay again.

Back